Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Victor Oladipo - Memphis Grizzlies

6 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Cause your totally unbiased in this. I suppose you don't think the NFL protects its big name QBs either

I'm not unbiased, but I'll at least admit it. Saying "LeBron has never won anything without the refs" is nonsense and fueled by hatred. 

Lebron is great and what he did to start the game was remarkable. But that doesn’t change the fact that he gets a TON of calls his way, nor does it change how he throws his body around like a 150lb high school freshman. His status as a great player doesn’t make the flopping and superstar treatment go away. He isn’t the only one either, we just have seen him so many times matched up with the Pacers that it’s amplified.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Lebron is great and what he did to start the game was remarkable. But that doesn’t change the fact that he gets a TON of calls his way, nor does it change how he throws his body around like a 150lb high school freshman. His status as a great player doesn’t make the flopping and superstar treatment go away. He isn’t the only one either, we just have seen him so many times matched up with the Pacers that it’s amplified.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

This times 1000.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I'm not unbiased, but I'll at least admit it. Saying "LeBron has never won anything without the refs" is nonsense and fueled by hatred. 

What has he won without the refs help then?

Edit

Sorry had just woken up

Edit
Sorry had just woken up

Nba loses MILLIONS in tv revenue if Cavs lose in 1st rd. After the Dougherty gambling scandals revealed about 2002 lakers/Kings i think it’s fair to not trust the nba cares about the small market pacers.

18 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Edit

Sorry had just woken up

He's won 3 championships and 7 straight eastern conference championships. If you don't like him, think he complains or flops too much, whatever, that's fine. It's just silly to argue that he only wins because of help from the refs. 

6 minutes ago, dallas44~ said:

Nba loses MILLIONS in tv revenue if Cavs lose in 1st rd. After the Dougherty gambling scandals revealed about 2002 lakers/Kings i think it’s fair to not trust the nba cares about the small market pacers.

Indy isn't any smaller of a market than Cleveland is. 

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Never said he only wins because of the refs but if I'm bench pressing 300 pounds and my spotter has to help me lift the bar do I get to say I lifted 300 pounds?  

Do you have proof that the refs helped him win all of those championships? The refs weren't the reason why he put up 46 points on 71% shooting last night. 

Holy ish this is fan bias at its worst. LeBron is possibly the greatest player of all time and has single handedly carried teams through the playoffs. Look at his first championship in Cleveland and what he did in the Finals. Absolute monster. To discredit him because of a perceived bias from the refs is incredibly naive.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando BtownBanners

36 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Do you have proof that the refs helped him win all of those championships? The refs weren't the reason why he put up 46 points on 71% shooting last night. 

lol whatever. If you can't recognize the superstar discount is a real thing then you aren't objective enough to understand how a player might benefit from his defender not being allowed to play defense. 

39 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

lol whatever. If you can't recognize the superstar discount is a real thing then you aren't objective enough to understand how a player might benefit from his defender not being allowed to play defense. 

I mean, you're acting like LeBron is the first, and only, player in NBA history to get the "superstar discount". Jordan got favorable calls. Kobe got favorable calls. James Harden gets favorable calls. Steph Curry gets favorable calls. If you're going to say that you don't respect LeBron because he "never has won without the refs' help" then you have to apply that same logic to every other superstar player in the history of the NBA. 

Victor Oladipo is good at basketball and when he gets is contract with the NBE (National Basketball Entertainment) worked out he'll get the superstar treatment.  When that happens the Pacers will have a chance at winning a playoff series.

3 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Victor Oladipo is good at basketball and when he gets is contract with the NBE (National Basketball Entertainment) worked out he'll get the superstar treatment.  When that happens the Pacers will have a chance at winning a playoff series.

The Pacers don't have a chance at winning a playoff series now???? 

Of course, they have a chance. They won't win against LeBron though. There's just too much at stake to have a "not LeBron" team in the ECF.

... plus LeBron is possibly the greatest basketball player of all time and the Pacers are definitely a flawed team. I don’t even like LeBron, but there seems to be a lot of hurt butts talking on here.

42 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

... plus LeBron is possibly the greatest basketball player of all time and the Pacers are definitely a flawed team. I don’t even like LeBron, but there seems to be a lot of hurt butts talking on here.

Don't give two craps about the NBA. I really don't care. I don't even  view it as basketball anymore. Just a bunch of athletic dudes running around with the ball without following the rules.