Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Victor Oladipo - Memphis Grizzlies

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

He looks fantastic. Crazy explosive, reading PnR well, just can’t get a 3 to fall. I’m shocked at how fast and bouncy he looks already. 

My thoughts exactly. That place would've exploded had his first 3 gone down.

40 minutes ago, cappymo14 said:

Looks like Vic was traded to Houston for Lavert.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I’ll always be a Oladipo fan but as a Pacers fan, his shananigans surrounding openly lobbying to changing teams around his current teammates was a clown move. Then not to perform on the court made said actions unforgivable. It’s one thing to be frustrated because you’re an elite talent and your team isn’t winning in the playoffs but when you’re a big part of why the team is losing it’s a real bad look to be demanding to be part of a championship sqaud. 

30 minutes ago, Crimson and Cream said:

Will miss him but this was a smart business move. LeVert is a heck of a player and Vic was gone after this season anyways. Vic gets to team up with EG now in Houston, best of luck to them both.

I’d love for Gordon to leave Houston and come home while he still has some solid years left

24 minutes ago, Crimson and Cream said:

Ehh EG has been declining the last couple years. He and Tucker will probably be dealt somewhere but I wouldn't want it to be Indy.

Fair but he’s always had a diminished role behind Harden and Westbrook/CP3 so I’d be curious to see how he responds now that Harden is gone

I like the trade. Oladipo clearly wasn’t going to re-sign here and he’s been inconsistent anyways. LeVert is a good player and is younger and on a much more friendly contract then Oladipo would be.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yeah imo the pacers made a darn good move here

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

It'll definitely be interesting to see how LeVert gels with everyone else. Still should have traded TJ Warren this summer. Will be really interesting seeing a backcourt of Wall and Oladipo. 

Also Rockets now have Wall, Dipo, EJ and Boogie. Two Hoosiers and two kitty kats. 

They all were in college right around each other as well. 

Gordon a freshman 2007-2008 

Wall/Cousins in 2009-2010

Oladipo 2010-2011

3 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

It'll definitely be interesting to see how LeVert gels with everyone else. Still should have traded TJ Warren this summer. Will be really interesting seeing a backcourt of Wall and Oladipo. 

Also Rockets now have Wall, Dipo, EJ and Boogie. Two Hoosiers and two kitty kats. 

They all were in college right around each other as well. 

Gordon a freshman 2007-2008 

Wall/Cousins in 2009-2010

Oladipo 2010-2011

Curious why you think we should have traded Warren?

3 minutes ago, Crimson and Cream said:

Curious why you think we should have traded Warren?

Cheap contract, was at his highest trade value, could have gotten into the mid first round or even into the lottery depending on the package. He's not staying past his current contract likely because the Pacers don't have a lot of money. 

I've always been an Oladipo fan.  We had season tickets with the Magic while he was here, bought the NBA package when he was in OKC.  Haven't followed him closely at the Pacers except it was fun when we went up for our annual I.U. game in November to go to Indy to see him.  I have no reason to go to Houston and I'm tired of buying new shirts.  

2 hours ago, FloridaHoosierGirl said:

I've always been an Oladipo fan.  We had season tickets with the Magic while he was here, bought the NBA package when he was in OKC.  Haven't followed him closely at the Pacers except it was fun when we went up for our annual I.U. game in November to go to Indy to see him.  I have no reason to go to Houston and I'm tired of buying new shirts.  

He's a FA this summer, don't waste your time. The owners and players built a partnership where fans can't really feel a connection to the players or the team unless you happen to have the 'Dream Team' in your city for 2-3 years.