Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Stuhoo

(2015) SG Corey Johnson to Harvard

Committed 11/10/14.

Pap opens the door - time to add him to the possibilities list!

Corey Johnson, a 6-foot-5 wing out of Canada, is starting to garner college interest.

The high school season hasn’t started yet, but with workouts underway and college coaches zigzagging across the country new names are starting to emerge.

One name that is gaining some steam is Canada native Corey Johnson, who is spending his final season of high school ball at Saxtons River (Vt.) Vermont Academy.

“He shoots the ball at a tremendous rate,” Vermont Academy coach Alex Popp said. “In our open gym he’s probably shooting over 70-percent from three. He strokes it. He’s a shooter. He doesn’t need time or space. He shoots it over people. That’s unique at our level.”

Johnson, who stands 6-foot-5, is more than just a shooter, according to Popp.

“His mom is a college coach in Canada and you can tell,” he said. “He knows where to be and he has a really good feel. He’s always talking on defense and he has the leadership qualities. Plus he’s a gym rat.”

“Shooting is definitely his best asset, but he does handle it well enough to get downhill and make plays for himself and his teammates,” Popp added. “He can guard multiple teammates.”

Johnson played for the Canadian team at the Nike Global Challenge and in three games shot 13-for-34 from three.

At this point, Johnson has serious interest from Butler, Columbia, Creighton, Davidson, Harvard, NevadaOhio, Rhode Island, UMass and Xavier. Tommy Amaker and Bob McKillop are expected on campus this week.

Johnson took a pair of unofficial visits this past weekend. He visited Harvard on Friday and Saturday and then slid over to UMass on Sunday.

Does he have hops?  Any tape out there?  We're gonna need a replacement soon for Troy.  OG or this kid?

Youtube and google go a long way hahah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgTTf9JZiTc (from two years ago)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZR4Wcmf26s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7eMZ0zSl2k

Most all the videos are from two years ago, but the kid has a great shot and seems pretty athletic

Michael Simonetta ‏@Mike_KingNation  Sep 30
Indiana and Minnesota are the latest schools to express an interest in 2015 6'5" SG Corey Johnson @Vi_Massiah @jojohn_ottawa

Hoops Hype Canada ‏@HoopsHypeCA  Sep 15
Oregon, Arizona St, UMass, Indiana will visit Vermont Academy Tuesday to check out 2015 6'5" Corey Johnson #CdnBallers

Vidal Massiah ‏@Vi_Massiah  Sep 15
The "experts" didn't rank him but Oregon,Arizona St.,Umass,Indiana & Marist will all be @ Vermont Academy tomorrow 2 check out Corey Johnson

Next year's class:

Anunoby

Juwan

Shake

Bryant

Corey Johnson

A couple-a late signees

That's seven spots we need opened up  :shout:

I think the coaching staff has learned recently that its better to be prepared haha. Never stop recruiting 

Corey Johnson recent recruiting related to Shake???

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Idk Wayne. SMU has been mentioned with 2015 guards as has Oklahoma accepted a commitment on 9/24 from Rashard Odomes, a 6-6 SG. 

I honestly am not sure what you make of it. If I were IU and Shake was torn the way I am hearing he is, I would begin to inquire about other potential 2015's.