Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Captain Kirkwood

Captain Kirkwood's Pep Talk: Mary-land Turtles

_See? I told you. Nothing to worry about last week.

Onward.

This week's pep talk need not be as inflammatory as last week's. I'm assuming all you fair weather shmucks are back on the bandwagon.

Here's this week's Keys to Victory Reasons Why We'll Win:

1. Knorr Knows
Posted Image
Mary-land QB C.J. Brown is sacked by a Knorr-coached Wake Forest defenseman.

Who's your daddy Maryland? Who's your daddy? That right, Indiana defensive coordinator Brian Knorr is. Knorr has coached against the Terps in each of the past three season as the DC at Wake Forest. In those three games, Maryland has averaged a laughable 13 points per game. It got so bad last year, that Maryland had to pull starting QB C.J. Brown (who is in the midst of his sixth season at Maryland). Before finding a cozy seat on the bench, Brown, who considers himself a mobile QB, had been sacked three times and rushed for -4 yards.

2. Worst Running Defense + Best Running Back = ______
Posted Image
A WVU player takes a leisurely stroll to the endzone against Maryland's defense earlier this year.

I have such bad news for Maryland fans. Maryland's defense is ranked last in the B1G in rushing defense...you all know where this is going. Everybody and their mother (who still calls field goals "kick points") knows Tevin Coleman is the number one running back in the nation averaging 189 yards per game and almost 9 yards per carry. And, as we saw last week, Coleman's backups aren't shabby either. Coleman could easily run for 250 yards tomorrow, but expect the coaches to limit his carries somewhat.

3. This Year is Different
Posted Image
Yes, the last time we beat a ranked team we lost four out of five. Yes, we choked after the PSU win last year and lost three straight, BUT as I've said before, this year is different. This is a special year. You can't win the B1G if you lose your first game to Maryland, so Indiana will take care of business Saturday. And they'll do it in convincing fashion.

No looking back now Hoosiers. Rose Bowl on the Horizon. Get on your horse and ride.

Indiana 35 Mary-land 17

[url=https://btownbanners.com/page/articles.html/_/football/pre-g/captain-kirkwoods-pep-talk-mary-land-turtles-r147]Click here to view the article[/url]