Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2015) JUCO PF Ray Kasongo

[quote name="WayneHoosier" post="77636" timestamp="1407772925"]Any chance we meet up with him in Canada? No reports he is coming to watch a game yet?[/quote]

Seems far fetched and not sure on how the ncaa rules would apply here but he is in Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

So Bender is still involved with Ray? Is he the "mentor" providing info to Twitter? That concerns me.

According to posts on other sites, Bender is the one announcing recruiting info for Ray...Not sure I like a guy who literally wrecked UCF's football/basketball programs giving recruiting updates for a player we are interested in...

As far as 2015 is concerned, I'm not sure where I stand on this yet, but the questions would be IMO. Can Kasongo contribute this year? And, is a sophomore Kasongo, with a year in the program under his belt, better than a maybe more highly ranked (Bryant) big as a freshmen next year?

I'm sure a spot would open up for '15 anyways, but those are the questions I think of when i hear we're recruiting Kasongo. 

Ray needs work but seems further along than most bigs are as freshmen.

As to keeping the spot open for 2015 bigs, who are we legitimately in the running for in that class?

Ray needs work but seems further along than most bigs are as freshmen.

As to keeping the spot open for 2015 bigs, who are we legitimately in the running for in that class?

My guess would be Nick Marshall at the moment. I guess Juwan Morgan to if you consider him a big.

Crystal Ball in the past 2 days is 100% IU. Seems like a lock. The question that BGleas brought up is a legitimate one: should we get this guy now and hope he's good as a Sophomore or try and go after the 5 star bigs in the 2015 class? Would help with this season for sure with our bigs, but I wouldn't want a late signing this year affect next season's recruiting

[quote name="CampCrean" post="77684" timestamp="1407783490"]Crystal Ball in the past 2 days is 100% IU. Seems like a lock. The question that BGleas brought up is a legitimate one: should we get this guy now and hope he's good as a Sophomore or try and go after the 5 star bigs in the 2015 class? Would help with this season for sure with our bigs, but I wouldn't want a late signing this year affect next season's recruiting[/quote]

I think if it comes down to we HAVE to choose one between Kasongo and this new guy on the radar, (which it seems like is the case) I say take Kasongo 100%. If it's between Kasongo now and a better prospect next year, that's a tough decision. I hope getting a late guy doesn't affect next year either.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I use to be in contact with someone very close to him but lost contact over the last year or so. I'll try to find his info and see if he has any feeling as to what is happening here. <br /><br /><br />Sent from my sarcastic iPhone using BrownBanners<br />

Questions for someone who is close to Ray Kasongo:

1) How much immediate impact can he make as a freshman at a high major?

2)  What kind of a young man is he vis-a-vis character, chemistry with teammates, academics?

3)  Will Brandon Bender be a regular fixture should Ray commit to IU?

4) How close are we to sealing the deal?

That oughta do it!! Muchas thanks HoosierAloha :)

[quote name="CampCrean" post="77698" timestamp="1407787186"]Is anyone else worried he was denied admission to Oregon and Kansas backed off too? [/quote]

The Oregon deal is supposedly over online courses and depending on where you look some say he backed off Kansas because of lack of playing time.
I'm going to wait and hear more before I lean either way. If everything is on the up and up I want him.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app