Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2015) JUCO PF Ray Kasongo

I just don't understand this one as it pertains to the academics.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Can't get into Oregon but being recruited by Cal-Berkeley? I found this discussion in the comments section of the Oregonian newspaper that may explain the issue:

Sportsrighter 9 days ago
If the kid cannot get in at Oregon; how does he get in at Cal?  Is getting into Oregon tougher than getting in to Cal?

@Sportsrighter I was thinking the same thing. Perhaps this is evidence of his critical thinking ability.

@Sportsrighter UC Berkeley has an "admitted by exception" policy; applies to about 100 frosh each year, and generally more than half are athletes.

@OldMacManiac @Sportsrighter All schools have this. Oregon uses the minimum NCAA standard for admissions... though some of the difference might lay in the types of credits. Oregon is known for basically not allowing ANY internet classes on a transcript... there may be an issue there which other schools would allow.

[quote name="Stuhoo" post="76907" timestamp="1407460809"][b]Can't get into Oregon but being recruited by Cal-Berkeley? I found this discussion in the comments [u]section of the Oregonian newspaper that may explain the issue:[/u][/b]

[indent=1.55]

[indent=1.55]

[indent=1.55]
[/indent][/indent][/indent]
[url=""]Sportsrighter[/url] 9 days ago
If the kid cannot get in at Oregon; how does he get in at Cal? Is getting into Oregon tougher than getting in to Cal?

[indent=1.55]

[url=""]@Sportsrighter[/url] I was thinking the same thing. Perhaps this is evidence of his critical thinking ability.

[indent=1.55][url=""]@Sportsrighter[/url] UC Berkeley has an "admitted by exception" policy; applies to about 100 frosh each year, and generally more than half are athletes.[/indent]

[indent=1.55]

[url="http://connect.oregonlive.com/user/michael_mayhew/index.html"]@OldMacManiac[/url] [url=""]@Sportsrighter[/url] All schools have this. Oregon uses the minimum NCAA standard for admissions... though some of the difference might lay in the types of credits. Oregon is known for basically not allowing ANY internet classes on a transcript... there may be an issue there which other schools would allow.[/indent][/indent][/quote]

Thanks for this. Those last 2 comments would make sense for sure. I saw something on twitter about "his mentors giving bad advice", so who knows what that's about.

"Showing interest" could mean a million different things. I don't think it's a problem for IU to at least inquire and see what the deal is. If Kasongo camp gets a call/text from IU and he tells that to someone like Zagoria, then it is reported that IU is showing interest. Could be as simple as that.

NOTE: not an indictment on Zagoria or anyone else... that's their job... I'm just saying that's how it works out sometimes

[quote name="Parakeet Jones" post="77429" timestamp="1407700583"]I tried to look back but I'm a little distracted by my one year old right now, he would be for this season, right?[/quote]

An article from KUBball said that he is academically eligible for 2014-15, but that's all I could find so don't take it as gospel.