Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2015) JUCO PF Ray Kasongo

Color me confused with this entire situation. However as Parakeet mentioned, it can't hurt to at least continue to monitor the kid.

I agree with this also as you also get to look at other players. Plus you get to know some juco coaches where even if this player can't help you maybe one down the road will. They can also scout other team's players so I think the connections could help at some point. Heck, you may even find some assistant coaching talent. Really nothing to lose imo.

I am not a fan of this---but is it remotely possible that he is just a few credits or GPA points shy and could go somewhere else at the end of the first semester? Is it possible to transfer mid-year from Southern Idaho to IU or another school?

Remember Zags said the word was IU was ready to take both Holt and Kasongo.....

I'm guessing the only reason the kid didn't get in anywhere was his grades like it was reported. If he can play, why not watch him and see his development. He was already a pretty good player per reports, if he gets better it could be a good pick up for us. 

When I was in high school, I was being recruited by coach Morgan to play baseball at IU. My guidance counselor told me that as long as I was on the college prep course of study (which I was) I could get in any school I wanted to. Geometry was not a requirement in that field of study, so I didn't take it. Guess what, I didn't get accepted at IU because I didn't have geometry (check out my user name). Kasango may have gotten some bad info like I did.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Why are we even wasting our time?

Who says it's wasting our time?  Next offseason will bring a whole new crop of graduate and junior college transfers.  Makes sense to keep an eye on this kid if he gets his grades up and loses Bender as a "mentor."

He's a good player, as well as a good kid.  Besides, all we did was send McClain out to Idaho while he was already out West.  Makes sense to check in on him.

Well, I had to let Hoosier nation know lol

You could've just said "I've heard he doesn't have the mental toughness" or something like that instead of posting a screenshot of the conversation lol.

Ray also gets lost easily. Winds up in Iowa when he should be in Idaho.

Pass.

The way education has become, I'm not sure that many high school graduates know the difference between Idaho and Iowa these days and I doubt 30% can find them both on a map, without the words!

Geometry Hoosier---Thanks for the SS reference----baseball is still going strong as Coach Kuester has now led us to 3 state titles.

Back to Kasongo---I think something is brewing here----just don't know what.

Can he transfer from  Southern Idaho  to a D1 program at semester break?

Geometry Hoosier---Thanks for the SS reference----baseball is still going strong as Coach Kuester has now led us to 3 state titles.

Back to Kasongo---I think something is brewing here----just don't know what.

Can he transfer from Southern Idaho to a D1 program at semester break?

I'm not sure, but since that would be right in the middle of the season, I don't think it's realistic. If he gets his academics squared away, he could after one year for sure.