Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2015) JUCO PF Ray Kasongo

Committed to Tennessee 4/29/15.

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN  3m

Oregon signee Ray Kasongo has been denied admission to the school, source told ESPN. Canadian big man back on market, should be in demand.

Lick Creek, KY (Oak Hill Academy)
Ht: 6-9 | Wt: 235
AAU: Grassroots Canada

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria  

Kasongo will now consider Florida, Cal and Memphis, source tells @SNYtv

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria  
Ray Kasongo will visit Memphis and Cal next week, source tells @SNYtv

If he couldn't get into Oregon...I would assume IU is at least equal in academic standards anyways right?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Maybe there's more to the story?  

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria  33m
Kasongo initially picked Oregon over UConn after changing his mind. Source says he's qualified.

Maybe there's more to the story?

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria 33m
Kasongo initially picked Oregon over UConn after changing his mind. Source says he's qualified.

Yeah could be the Canadian academics transferring over. Unless he went to high school here.

RT @Prehmmr247: Oregon isn't out of the woods yet either. JaQuan Lyle hasn't gotten into school. Currently at 8 scholarship players

Lyle's from Evansville I believe... Most people here are either IU or UK fans (nearly 50-50), and I thought IU was trying to recruit him in the past.   I wonder if he isn't accepted into Oregon, would we still have a chance?     obviously he isn't really concerned with playing close to home...

Great player, but also, would we need him on the team?  That's one tall point guard though

[quote name="Scohutch" post="75858" timestamp="1406735769"]Lyle's from Evansville I believe... Most people here are either IU or UK fans (nearly 50-50), and I thought IU was trying to recruit him in the past. I wonder if he isn't accepted into Oregon, would we still have a chance? obviously he isn't really concerned with playing close to home... Great player, but also, would we need him on the team? That's one tall point guard though[/quote] I try not to judge based on the little information I usually hear, but I don't want Lyle at IU. I don't believe he would improve our team chemistry and attitude... Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

Lyle's from Evansville I believe... Most people here are either IU or UK fans (nearly 50-50), and I thought IU was trying to recruit him in the past.   I wonder if he isn't accepted into Oregon, would we still have a chance?     obviously he isn't really concerned with playing close to home...

Great player, but also, would we need him on the team?  That's one tall point guard though

We were on him up until JB2 recommitted. He's not someone we would want on our team. He'll continue to "miss the bus" his whole life. That's why everyone backed off of him and he ended up @ Oregon.

There use to be a thread or 2 a week on this kid at the other boards.

[quote name="Scohutch" post="75858" timestamp="1406735769"]Lyle's from Evansville I believe... Most people here are either IU or UK fans (nearly 50-50), and I thought IU was trying to recruit him in the past. I wonder if he isn't accepted into Oregon, would we still have a chance? obviously he isn't really concerned with playing close to home...

Great player, but also, would we need him on the team? That's one tall point guard though[/quote]

Yeah at one point so few schools were interested, or had low enough academic standards, that we thought he was going JUCO. Also heard about AWFUL attitude. Hard pass.

[quote name="Bowhunter" post="76903" timestamp="1407458231"]Wow!

Also, will Izzo lay off going after the same recruits we do? I mean, dam.. it's every one we go after![/quote]

After losing Kaminsky I wouldn't be surprised to see him get in on this.