Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2017) SF Jordan Tucker- OV 11/30/16

Before anyone freaks out, check out Jerry Meyer's twitter account. The Crystal Ball pick for Villanova was literally in response to someone tweeting him the Zagsblog article from ten days ago, which national recruiting expert Jerry Meyer apparently hadn't even yet seen. Within minutes of that tweet exchange, he switched from Syracuse to Villanova. Given that timeline of events, I doubt he has any information on Tucker to Villanova, or much of any information on Tucker at all. I presume the purpose of his switch was only to get off Syracuse, same as when he switched Wilkes from Indiana to Michigan just to get off Indiana, then Michigan didn't even make Wilkes final five.

7 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Before anyone freaks out, check out Jerry Meyer's twitter account. The Crystal Ball pick for Villanova was literally in response to someone tweeting him the Zagsblog article from ten days ago, which national recruiting expert Jerry Meyer apparently hadn't even yet seen. Within minutes of that tweet exchange, he switched from Syracuse to Villanova. Given that timeline of events, I doubt he has any information on Tucker to Villanova, or much of any information on Tucker at all. I presume the purpose of his switch was only to get off Syracuse, same as when he switched Wilkes from Indiana to Michigan just to get off Indiana, then Michigan didn't even make Wilkes final five.

And moreover, the only viable place Tucker can commit for the next day or two is Nova. The CB guys want to keep their "batting average" high, and so Meyer switched to Nova while Tucker was there in the unlikely event that he committed while on the visit. As the announcement date gets finalized and info starts to leak, CBers will switch to the most likely choice, whether it's Nova or IU.

38 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Welcome aboard Maedhros and a very informative first post.  Don't be bashful; keep up the good work.

Meyer really seems to be phoning it in lately. Maybe life has made recruiting lower of a priority for him. 

I really dont understand the strong dislike he shows towards us. He never picks us till the very end of recruitments and then still takes his time. I dont get it.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

25 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

This is my 1st post. Long time reader. I have followed this recruitment for a while. I would not put any stock into what Jerry Meyer says. He has an axe to grind with us for some reason. I don't take those recruiting guys seriously. I believe it was Eric Bossi that last year told me, that he wasn't high on Curtis Jones and that he shouldn't be a top 100 recruit. These guys are a bunch of "educated guessers." Very little inside info. Very little scouting abilites.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Welcome Fk and please don't let this be your only post.  As a long time reader, you know what a bunch of crazies we are and how badly we need someone to provide us with some sanity.  Hope to see your screen name on a regular basis.

5 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Thank you for the kind welcome. Well, Jerry Meyer answered me on Twitter and said that he chose Villanova due to IUs scholarship situation and depth at that position. It is NOT from inside information.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

I wonder where he's getting depth at the position being an issue.. OG seems to be the main guy he's compete with for playing time and there's almost no chance he's back next year. 

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

Depth? Who do we have on the wing next season? OG and Hartman are gone. JMo moves into the starting 4 spot. JSmith and Moore will get run on the wing. Hopefully we see even less of the 3 guard lineup next season. Tucker would get plenty of minutes and might even start.

What if TB comes back Morgan would be our 3

Would he? Would Crean actually start two bigs the entire season? Even if TB and DD start together and JMo starts at the three Tucker would get plenty of time. Out of Tucker, Smith, and Moore I see Moore ending up with the fewest minutes.

6 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I honestly can't see TB coming back. I think the more tape scouts get on him the more his weaknesses will get exposed. I could see him wanting to strike while the iron's hot and getting his NBA check. 

Then again he seems to genuinely like it here so who knows. 

27 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Would he? Would Crean actually start two bigs the entire season? Even if TB and DD start together and JMo starts at the three Tucker would get plenty of time. Out of Tucker, Smith, and Moore I see Moore ending up with the fewest minutes.

I agree Tucker would get plenty of time. He might not start though

Scholarship number though could mean we have 1 player due to leave and need 3 others to leave to have space. That is not always an attractive scenario unless you are UK and tons of guys leave each year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Hartman, OG, TB, and JBJ are replaced by Durham, Smith, Moore, and Tucker?

14 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Hartman, OG, TB, and JBJ are replaced by Durham, Smith, Moore, and Tucker?

And...while MSB will live forever, Tim Priller may very well get his IU degree and consider moving on, freeing up a fourth spot even if one of the three draft-possibles decides to stay. Also, we haven't had a scholly player transfer in over a year, which is unusual. 

In any event, we are reasonably likely to have four spots available at a minimum.

My biggest worry? That Zak McRoberts decides to transfer to go on full scholarship somewhere else. The way he's been playing you'd have to think there'd be significant interest. However, since his big brother makes over $22 million guaranteed for four years playing for the Heat, maybe the family will choose to suck up the $20,000 annually for IU if Zak is really feeling valued and content. I know as an IU fan, I value his contributions to the team!

Meyer stated on twitter his pick was based on IU'sscholly's and depth lol. Dude must not be as good as I thought. OG is likely gone and besides him Juwan which will play the 4 and possibly Hartman and Smith are our only options. Tucker would play big minutes even if he didnt start. The scholly's arent an issue either. We have 3 guys and probably will have at least 3 possibly 5.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app