Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Hovadipo

Saturdaily CFB Thread

I'm so pumped. I secretly love Ohio State football and not so secretly love Oregon.

Plus, these games are gonna be siiiiiiiiiiick. Winston v. Mariota?

Alabama's Pro Style v. Ohio State's plug-and-play spread?

Hecks yea!

Hear me right...from a competitive standpoint, these games should be amazing.  I just don't care for any of the teams.  lol

I can root for three of the four, FSU resembles the inmate team from the Longest Yard more so than a college team. Fisher seems to be an enabler. The other schools have had issues, but Fisher appears to look the other way as long as it means his team might win a game or two.

I can root for three of the four, FSU resembles the inmate team from the Longest Yard more so than a college team. Fisher seems to be an enabler. The other schools have had issues, but Fisher appears to look the other way as long as it means his team might win a game or two.

The inmate team that everyone loved?

Other B1G Bowl Games

12/26 Dallas - Illinois/LA Tech

12/26 Quick Lane (Detroit) - Rutgers/UNC

12/27 Pinstripe (NYC) - Penn St/BC

12/27 Holiday - Nebraska/USC

12/30 Foster Farms (Santa Clara) - Maryland/Stanford

1/1 Outback (Tampa) - Wisconsin/Auburn

1/1 Citrus - Minnesota/Missouri

1/2 TaxSlayer (J'ville) - Iowa/Tennessee

Politics are alive and well in college football. If it were Texas at #3 instead of TCU the Longhorns would have been in. OSU is reaping the benefits of being a powerhouse program with legions of blind followers and having alumni who work for major TV stations and news outlets. 

Politics are alive and well in college football. If it were Texas at #3 instead of TCU the Longhorns would have been in. OSU is reaping the benefits of being a powerhouse program with legions of blind followers and having alumni who work for major TV stations and news outlets. 

Absolutely. If Texas and Oklahoma split the Big 12, one of those two would've made it. This is going to lead to a couple of schools moving either this summer or next to the Big 12 so they can have a title game, since this is the 'excuse' that they didn't make the playoff.

Beating #13 59-0 last night with their 3rd QB, coming off the death of a teammate probably did more than all of that combined.

Oregon should thrash FSU. FSU has squeaked out far too many this year on hopes and dreams. Time for them to crash and burn. I don't think OSU gets slaughtered by Alabama. In fact I think they pull off the upset. Which sets up a Oregon and Ohio State championship game.

Oregon walks off with the trophy in one hand and a Dr Pepper in the other. Mariota is deemed the Chairman-in-Waiting at Nike after winning the Heisman, Championship MVP, and every other award Corporate giants ESPN and Nike can spin his way.

Muschmamp to make 1.6m-1.8m annually as Auburns DC!  DAMN that's some jack right there. 

I'd link the story from ESPN but the text box doesn't let me paste for some reason (stupid IE....work laptop).

Yowza! By comparison Kevin Wilson makes $1.3M. While I'm certainly not okay with how bad we've been for so long, I can see why it's so tough for programs to move up to that next tier in the football hierarchy when I see stuff like this.