Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

Bowling Green QB out for the season

Bowling Green State University quarterback Matt Johnson will be lost for the season after suffering a hip injury in the Falcons loss at Western Kentucky.

BG coach Dino Babers said redshirt sophomore James Knapke will start in the Falcons home opener against VMI on Saturday at 3:30 p.m.

Last season Johnson completed 237-of-369 for 3,467 yards and 25 touchdowns with seven interceptions.

http://www.bcsn.tv/news_article/show/416057

That's super rough for them. Dangerous year for starting QBs, I'm going to wrap Sudfeld in bubble wrap.

Also, a little disappointed this means we aren't going to get any real tests before facing Mizzou.

The difference for Sudfeld is he USUALLY doesn't run as much as Braxton Miller or Matt Johnson.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Wow. Didn't they win the MAC last year? Or at least go bowling?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

From the article:

Bowling Green won the MAC last season. I do not expect Bowling Green to spend the entire season ranked this highly, or even in these rankings. But none of that changes the fact that Bowling Green allowed 708 yards on defense and committed 11 penalties as a team while losing to Western Kentucky by four touchdowns.