Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Robin Duncan

I am from the Evansville area, and I don't want to start harsh rumors, but I have always heard the Duncan boys father hold them back a year or two before High School. There is probably some way someone can verify this, but I am almost positive Ernie was 20 when he graduated and I believe the oldest one still in school is close if not already 20.

I am from the Evansville area, and I don't want to start harsh rumors, but I have always heard the Duncan boys father hold them back a year or two before High School. There is probably some way someone can verify this, but I am almost positive Ernie was 20 when he graduated and I believe the oldest one still in school is close if not already 20.

What? Like illegally remove them from compulsive schooling for two years and then put them back into the system?

What? Like illegally remove them from compulsive schooling for two years and then put them back into the system?

Let me be clear that I have no inside sources and I am just going by what I have heard from parents at opposing schools, so take that for what it is worth. What I have heard is that they do home school between 8th grade and Freshmen year for a year or maybe two. The whole time they are home schooling all they do is hang out at the Evansville Basketball Academy for like 10 hours a day 6 days a week. Once they turn 16 they re-enroll as Freshmen. I would be interested to learn the age of each of the Duncan boys. This would probably shed a little light on this story true or untrue. Correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure the way the IHSAA rules are set up you cannot turn 20 before your senior year starts but you can turn 20 within the year? If this is the case the Duncan's father may have done his homework.

Let me be clear that I have no inside sources and I am just going by what I have heard from parents at opposing schools, so take that for what it is worth. What I have heard is that they do home school between 8th grade and Freshmen year for a year or maybe two. The whole time they are home schooling all they do is hang out at the Evansville Basketball Academy for like 10 hours a day 6 days a week. Once they turn 16 they re-enroll as Freshmen. I would be interested to learn the age of each of the Duncan boys. This would probably shed a little light on this story true or untrue. Correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure the way the IHSAA rules are set up you cannot turn 20 before your senior year starts but you can turn 20 within the year? If this is the case the Duncan's father may have done his homework.

I don't understand how they could allow them to be "homeschooled" and not enter in at their expected grade level rather than their previous grade level. Since they're still at the compulsory age, if you're claiming to homeschool you better be homeschooling or the state is going to get you. And if they're at exactly the same point as when they left, the state is going to catch on.

I tried to find out their ages for you. But, the only thing I could find was Duncan listed at 19, and there is no way that's true. 

Using opposing fans' comments as truth doesn't sound like a sound source of info. Besides the IHSAA is always checking these things. They wouldn't be able to play sports if they had just done homeschooling where they did no work, etc. Its against the law because even homeschooled kids and their teachers have to report grades, etc to the state as well. There is simply no logic to them just goofing off for two years and then enrolling with grade levels a few years behind. Opposing fans can make up anything to justify getting beat by these kids year after year haha

Duncan and Blackwell have been to a few other games. King is a SF from Columbus N.

PCB Grassroots @PocketCityAAU  
2017 Alex King, 2018 Robin Duncan and 2017 Daulton Blackwell are taking in the Indiana/Minnesota game tonight. 

I believe you're right on the money with your assessment.

I finally saw this kid play. Ernie was a great High School player. He was about 6' or 6' 1' Everett who has also signed to play with Vermont is about 6'5" and his twin brother is about the same 6'4" or 6' 5". Robin is only a freshmen and is all arms and legs. He looks like he could easily be 6' 5" or bigger before it is over. He has good handles, not great. He was very timid and did not even start the game I watched, but that game was against Reitz who is the #1 team in the state and presses the entire game. If this kid keeps developing his handles and his shot he could be a very good D-1 player. I would say if he were to turn out to be a Kyle Wiltjer type player then it wouldn't surprise me.

I finally saw this kid play. Ernie was a great High School player. He was about 6' or 6' 1' Everett who has also signed to play with Vermont is about 6'5" and his twin brother is about the same 6'4" or 6' 5". Robin is only a freshmen and is all arms and legs. He looks like he could easily be 6' 5" or bigger before it is over. He has good handles, not great. He was very timid and did not even start the game I watched, but that game was against Reitz who is the #1 team in the state and presses the entire game. If this kid keeps developing his handles and his shot he could be a very good D-1 player. I would say if he were to turn out to be a Kyle Wiltjer type player then it wouldn't surprise me.

You think he gets to 6-10?

You think he gets to 6-10?

Probably not, but I could see 6'7" or 6'8"

Wiltjer just popped into mind, because Robin at first glance looks kind of awkward and somewhat unathletic, but everything he does is very fundamentally sound.

What you have heard form people outside Harrison are part of ignorant people making up stories to try to embarrass or be hurtful to teenage boys. I have heard and strongly answered these idiots since before Ernie's freshman year.  Fans have been misinformed and cruel to Ernie for years. Castle fans have had cheers of "how old are you" and worse all 4 years he played. They are the worst fans I have ever seen.  Their parents are as bad as the kids.

To their credit, I have never seen any of the Duncan boys lose their cool or outwardly show that they have ever heard the comments. Contrast the Duncans to Lyle that got into a shouting match or fight nearly every game. I have only talked to Mr. Duncan a few times, but he has raised his daughter and sons to be respectful, and I have never heard any stories about them getting in trouble or the possibility they would do anything to get in trouble.  They have worked hard and truly enjoy what they are doing. They were hanging out at EBA while other kids were out drinking, playing video games, and doing things they shouldn't be doing.  The people spreading gossip should know that they are good students and none have had any issues qualifying for college entrance. We can't say that about Jaquan Lyle, can we?

My kids know the older Duncans and we know the story with them. Good people might give them a break if they knew more. It isn't my place to say any more.  They were home schooled and I believe all entered public school together. What grade or level they initially came in is not the business of anyone but the family. They met all rules regarding the IHSAA, are good students, excellent character, and represent their school and family well. That is all anyone needs to know.

http://www.courierpress.com/news/local-news/tornado-changed-us

Sorry if this comes off as rude, but the Duncan family dynamic seems very...odd.

Odd isn't what I would call it.  You should probably learn more about them and meet them.

Odd isn't what I would call it. You should probably learn more about them and meet them.

Wasn't trying to be rude, like I said. But from what I read and hear, they do things differently. So yeah, I'll stick to odd.

Wasn't trying to be rude, like I said. But from what I read and hear, they do things differently. So yeah, I'll stick to odd.

There is just so much that has been reported incorrectly about them. It is tough to hear it knowing what they have been through. 

There is just so much that has been reported incorrectly about them. It is tough to hear it knowing what they have been through.

Yeah I mean I'm not bashing them at all, I'll take your word for it that they're good kids. But "odd" literally means different from the norm. They're brought up different than most of the kids around them and I've seen that firsthand ruin people's social development. I'm in no place to question how other people raise their kids though.

What you have heard form people outside Harrison are part of ignorant people making up stories to try to embarrass or be hurtful to teenage boys. I have heard and strongly answered these idiots since before Ernie's freshman year.  Fans have been misinformed and cruel to Ernie for years. Castle fans have had cheers of "how old are you" and worse all 4 years he played. They are the worst fans I have ever seen.  Their parents are as bad as the kids.

To their credit, I have never seen any of the Duncan boys lose their cool or outwardly show that they have ever heard the comments. Contrast the Duncans to Lyle that got into a shouting match or fight nearly every game. I have only talked to Mr. Duncan a few times, but he has raised his daughter and sons to be respectful, and I have never heard any stories about them getting in trouble or the possibility they would do anything to get in trouble.  They have worked hard and truly enjoy what they are doing. They were hanging out at EBA while other kids were out drinking, playing video games, and doing things they shouldn't be doing.  The people spreading gossip should know that they are good students and none have had any issues qualifying for college entrance. We can't say that about Jaquan Lyle, can we?

My kids know the older Duncans and we know the story with them. Good people might give them a break if they knew more. It isn't my place to say any more.  They were home schooled and I believe all entered public school together. What grade or level they initially came in is not the business of anyone but the family. They met all rules regarding the IHSAA, are good students, excellent character, and represent their school and family well. That is all anyone needs to know.

http://www.courierpress.com/news/local-news/tornado-changed-us

You are definitely correct in everything you say about them not being in any trouble and acting the way the right way on the court. As I stated in all of my previous posts. I did not know any details or have any reliable sources, I was just repeating what I had heard thru other avenues. I could definitely see how rumors get spread because I have heard this from numerous people and if what you say is true then there is not much there to it.

P.S. since hearing these rumors about the Duncan boys I asked a couple of my employees about it and one of my employees admitted to holding his kid back (not starting him in Kindergarden until he was 6) with the off chance he was a good athlete. His son now plays varsity basketball and is a starter but fairly mediocre. I guess this happens quite a bit and is very legal within the IHSAA rules.