Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Robin Duncan

What you have heard form people outside Harrison are part of ignorant people making up stories to try to embarrass or be hurtful to teenage boys. I have heard and strongly answered these idiots since before Ernie's freshman year.  Fans have been misinformed and cruel to Ernie for years. Castle fans have had cheers of "how old are you" and worse all 4 years he played. They are the worst fans I have ever seen.  Their parents are as bad as the kids.

To their credit, I have never seen any of the Duncan boys lose their cool or outwardly show that they have ever heard the comments. Contrast the Duncans to Lyle that got into a shouting match or fight nearly every game. I have only talked to Mr. Duncan a few times, but he has raised his daughter and sons to be respectful, and I have never heard any stories about them getting in trouble or the possibility they would do anything to get in trouble.  They have worked hard and truly enjoy what they are doing. They were hanging out at EBA while other kids were out drinking, playing video games, and doing things they shouldn't be doing.  The people spreading gossip should know that they are good students and none have had any issues qualifying for college entrance. We can't say that about Jaquan Lyle, can we?

My kids know the older Duncans and we know the story with them. Good people might give them a break if they knew more. It isn't my place to say any more.  They were home schooled and I believe all entered public school together. What grade or level they initially came in is not the business of anyone but the family. They met all rules regarding the IHSAA, are good students, excellent character, and represent their school and family well. That is all anyone needs to know.

http://www.courierpress.com/news/local-news/tornado-changed-us

So was the person mentioned in the Courier article the boys mother?

That is very sad. I remember that tornado, they had to be very young. I remember hearing they were from originally from LA or somewhere in SoCal?

You are definitely correct in everything you say about them not being in any trouble and acting the way the right way on the court. As I stated in all of my previous posts. I did not know any details or have any reliable sources, I was just repeating what I had heard thru other avenues. I could definitely see how rumors get spread because I have heard this from numerous people and if what you say is true then there is not much there to it.

P.S. since hearing these rumors about the Duncan boys I asked a couple of my employees about it and one of my employees admitted to holding his kid back (not starting him in Kindergarden until he was 6) with the off chance he was a good athlete. His son now plays varsity basketball and is a starter but fairly mediocre. I guess this happens quite a bit and is very legal within the IHSAA rules.

I had a classmate get held back by his father when we were in 6th grade (30+ years ago) for that same reason. Destroyed my friend socially, and he never developed into an athlete. Very sad when this happens

You are definitely correct in everything you say about them not being in any trouble and acting the way the right way on the court. As I stated in all of my previous posts. I did not know any details or have any reliable sources, I was just repeating what I had heard thru other avenues. I could definitely see how rumors get spread because I have heard this from numerous people and if what you say is true then there is not much there to it.

P.S. since hearing these rumors about the Duncan boys I asked a couple of my employees about it and one of my employees admitted to holding his kid back (not starting him in Kindergarden until he was 6) with the off chance he was a good athlete. His son now plays varsity basketball and is a starter but fairly mediocre. I guess this happens quite a bit and is very legal within the IHSAA rules.

Several kids were held back in the early 70's for athletics. My parents almost held me out of starting school because I was very close to the cut off date and would be the youngest kid in my grade. My doctor told my parents that I was emotionally and physically ready to start school, so I started on time. At times I wish they had held me out, but it wouldn't have made me a better athlete in the end.

My son was one of the youngest in his grade and my daughter was the oldest in hers. June 1 was the cut off and her birthday was June 3.  It was very good for her socially and athletically to be the oldest. It hurt my son to be the youngest. Any advantage my daughter had was gone by middle school athletically, but the maturity and social interaction is a big plus for having an older kid. There is certainly no issues to the kid to start them later. 

In grade school, my daughter was a point guard and was faster and sometimes a foot taller than people guarding her. In middle school the girls made up some of the difference.