Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

rebelhoosier848891

The Wat-Shot/Reaction And Aftermath

Some memorable moments deserve a thread of their own. Where were you when Christian Watford hit the famous WatShot against Kentucky and how did you react or what did you do afterward---try to keep it clean!!!!  Again-- if you tech savvy Hoosiers could hook us up with some videos of the reactions around Hoosier Nation--this could be a great thread to come back to and relive that historic occasion when we knew IU BBALL was back!

I was at home in Southern Indiana watching the game with my son and we both jumped up and ran around the house screaming like crazy people. My wife came running thinking someone was hurt. She then saw the replay and did the same thing! I remember calling friends and family and talking for hours that night about how IU was back baby! Great memories!

Confession time. I didn't get to watch it live because of a youth Christmas party that year. I abused the ESPN scorecenter app tho and was flipping out when we won!

I did get to listen to some in the car earlier that night and could tell AH was crazy that evening. I was pretty pumped up that's for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I was actually at the game. I've had season tickets with my dad since I was five. Unfortunately we weren't low enough to storm the court with everyone but we eventually did make our way down to the less crazy court. It's hard to remember when seeing it in person, it happened so fast. I just remember almost tackling my dad.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I was actually at the game. I've had season tickets with my dad since I was five. Unfortunately we weren't low enough to storm the court with everyone but we eventually did make our way down to the less crazy court. It's hard to remember when seeing it in person, it happened so fast. I just remember almost tackling my dad.

Our seats last year were the ones directly behind the one that was smashed by the ceiling panel. Ours for the year of the Kentucky game were a few rows higher but same general section

Hoosier Nation and Wildcat Nation when Watford shot the ball:     :o :o :o

Wildcat Nation when the ball went through the net:                          :( :mad: :o 

Hoosier Nation when the ball went through the net:                        :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

My wife tivo'ed it and I finished about 2-3 hrs behind real time (turning off all electronic). My wife knew the ending so she preemptively pulled the kids in prior to 'the shot'. She knew Id be jumping around like a fool and that is exactly what happened. Lol good times. Good memory.

Sent from the can using BtownBanners

Anyone remember the story from that night that some Kentucky beauty queen was complaining she gut hurt in the IU crowd celebration?  Anyone know anything more about that? I watched on TV but for those of you who were there--how dangerous was it really? Dickie V. sounded like he was nervous on TV!

Anyone remember the story from that night that some Kentucky beauty queen was complaining she gut hurt in the IU crowd celebration?  Anyone know anything more about that? I watched on TV but for those of you who were there--how dangerous was it really? Dickie V. sounded like he was nervous on TV!

Some girl that appeared in a Girls of the SEC thing for Playboy.  I'm still trying to figure out how she got selected.

Anyone remember the story from that night that some Kentucky beauty queen was complaining she gut hurt in the IU crowd celebration? Anyone know anything more about that? I watched on TV but for those of you who were there--how dangerous was it really? Dickie V. sounded like he was nervous on TV!

It was pretty insane. I was towards the back part of the student section and had to hop over a few railings to get down to the court. It was complete chaos. I had to hop down a good 10 feet or so to the court...I jumped from above the tunnel where the players run out of. From where I was sitting that was my only option to get down to the court as fast as possible.