Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Official Indiana vs Indiana State Game Thread

Well. Looks like we will escape with a W and our defense looked sharp.

Tevin Coleman is a beast!

I liked those couple of player Chase Dutra made earlier too. He could be a good impact player.

Oh, one more thing: sorry to whoever I made fun of for their conservative prediction... You got us all there!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I hope I don't sound like the proverbial wet blanket, but I was unimpressed by IU today. I can find things to like of course, (the rushing game and an occasional outbreak of what passes for defense in Bloomington), but what struck me was the overall lack of crispness to their game.

*Sudfield looked lost out there and held on to the ball for what seemed an eternity

*Conversely, Sycamore QB Paris, working with a fraction of the talent, looked poised and in control.

*The offensive line, supposedly this team's major strength, too often looked weak and ineffective against a very average Sycamore defense. Could we really not convert a fourth down against this team???

*The Sycamore wide receivers were open far more than ours were today. Think about that one for a moment.

*We'll dearly miss Ewald this year

I hope the reason for such a insipid showing was because Wilson was trying to not show the full game plan until needed, (Bowling Green, Missouri, etc). If this is truly where IU's game is at this point in time, it'll be a long, long season.

I hope I don't sound like the proverbial wet blanket, but I was unimpressed by IU today. I can find things to like of course, (the rushing game and an occasional outbreak of what passes for defense in Bloomington), but what struck me was the overall lack of crispness to their game.
*Sudfield looked lost out there and held on to the ball for what seemed an eternity
*Conversely, Sycamore QB Paris, working with a fraction of the talent, looked poised and in control.
*The offensive line, supposedly this team's major strength, too often looked weak and ineffective against a very average Sycamore defense. Could we really not convert a fourth down against this team???
*The Sycamore wide receivers were open far more than ours were today. Think about that one for a moment.
*We'll dearly miss Ewald this year
I hope the reason for such a insipid showing was because Wilson was trying to not show the full game plan until needed, (Bowling Green, Missouri, etc). If this is truly where IU's game is at this point in time, it'll be a long, long season.

I agree for the most part here. I was looking for us to dominate, but we just looked flat other than Tevin. Not sure if it was the delay or what; I was really expecting to see us fire on all cylinders but there was absolutely zero rhythm on offense.

How was the crowd?

Sent from the can using BtownBanners

About as good as a storm-delayed crowd could be. I think if it was 80 and sunny it would've been packed. Storms drove quite a few people away.