Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Lt. John McClaine

Rating Tom Crean's Recruiting Classes

Now that our 2014 Recruiting Class has finally come to an end we can take a deep breath and wait a couple months for the season to start. The staff has put together a nice blend of talent, specifically shooters. By all accounts we got two of the best shooters from the Freshman class in Blackmon Jr and R. Johnson. Throw in wings or possibly future stretch 4 prospects Max Hoetzel and Tim Priller and we have two more potential shooters from deep. Also, I'm going to throw in Senior Graduate Transfer, Nick Ziesloft, he showcased in Canada that he can fill it up from 3pt range, also. Finally Front Court prospects Jeremiah April and Emmitt Holt round out the class, and fulfill a need for some size and hopefully defense.

So that got me thinking, this is a 7 man recruiting class, that concentrates a lot on shooting and some help on the glass, potentially. My question to you guys is, where would you guys rate this class compared to some of Crean's other Recruting classes:

2013: Noah Vonleh, Luke Fischer, Standford Robinson, Devin Davis, Troy Williams, Evan Gordon

2012: Hanner Parea, Jeremy Holowell, Yogi Ferrell, Peter Jurkin

2011: Cody Zeller, Austin Etherington, Remy Abel

2010: Will Shehey, Victor Oladipo

2009: Jordan Hulls, Christian Watford, Maurice Creek, Bawa Minuru, Bobby Capobianco, Derek Elston

2008: Verdell Jones, Nick Williams, Malik Story, Tijan Jobe, Matt Roth, Devan Davis.

On Paper, 2013 looks pretty good, but the 2009 class was also nice, just injuries got in the way. What do you guys think, How do you like this class, and do you think that it stacks up well compared to some of Coach Crean's previous classes?

2008 Nick Williams

I think it'll be a while before we know how the last 2 classes shake out.

On another site, I saw this years class as ranked #17 overall and 2nd in the B1G.
Not too shabby.

Thanks for the proof read, I made the correction in my post. Not too bad though for off the top of my head.

I think Coach Crean has done an above average job of recruiting. He definitely can bring in talent, and talent from all accross the nation. I'd say in looking at his recruiting style, he likes to get guys that our interchangeable and can guard multiple positions. Lots of his recruits can be anything from a 2 all the way to a stretch 4. This class is pretty big, and it's bigger than any other class that he's brought in, but I like it. I always like classes where you have guys that can play immediately, and then you have guys that need time to develop, and there's nothing wrong with that. I think you need guys like that.