Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

I'm watching the game on Big Ten network and it looks like we are going to weather delay.  Indiana trying to rally with 2 on and the top of the lineup coming. Hope they get the game going quickly.

Indiana Announces Two Roster Additions

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. – Indiana Softball announced two additions to next season's roster on Monday as the Hoosiers welcome incoming freshman Hope Grange and Utah transfer Camryn Woodall.

Grange, a native of Clinton, Ind., is a four-time All-Conference selection from South Vermillion High School and holds the program's career home run and batting average records. A four-time Most Valuable Offensive Player, Grange is also a two-time 2A All-State selection and was picked to participate in this past weekend's Indiana North-South All-Star Game. Grange's senior season saw her bat .461 with 41 hits, 37 RBI and four homers as she led South Vermillion to its second consecutive conference and sectional titles. The utility player, who also competed in volleyball in high school, plays travelball for Indiana Shockwaves.

Woodall, also a utility player, recently completed her freshman season at the University of Utah. The Keller, Texas native played in 14 games for the Utes, making a pair of starts. Prior to Utah, Woodall played at Keller High School, where she led the team to back-to-back 6A State Championships and was the 2017 6A Texas State Championship Game MVP. During her senior campaign, she batted .504 with 42 runs and 35 RBI on her way to earning PGF Southwest All-American and MaxPreps High School All-American honors. A three-time All-State honoree, Woodall also earned PGF All-American and MaxPreps Underclassmen All-American honors in her junior season, a year that also saw her garner District MVP accolades. Woodall played travelball for Texas Glory. Off the field, Woodall was a three-time Academic All-District pick.

We may have to bench Olivia.....

Indiana Adds All-American Gwen Svekis as Volunteer Assistant Coach

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. – Indiana Softball announced on Monday the addition of former Oregon standout and 2018 NFCA National Catcher of the Year Gwen Svekis to its staff as a volunteer assistant coach.

"Some of my mentors in the softball world had nothing but incredible things to say about the IU coaching staff," said Svekis. "When I heard that there was an opening, I was so excited to pursue the position. This coaching staff is the staff that I want to learn under and couldn't be more excited to soak up all of the knowledge that they've accumulated over their years to hopefully propel me into my future endeavors as a coach. I'm also extremely excited to pass on the knowledge I have gained to the girls on the team and watch this program grow towards its potential."

The Davie, Fla. native was a three-time All-Pacific Region selection for the Ducks, capped by a senior season that saw her earn First Team honors on top of being named an NFCA First Team All-American and First Team All-Pac 12 honoree. During the 2018 campaign, Svekis batted .324 with 57 hits, 17 home runs, 60 RBI and 42 runs scored as she led Oregon to the Women's College World Series for the third time in her four seasons.

"We are excited to add the caliber of athlete and individual in Gwen to our program," said head coach Shonda Stanton. "She was a stud for the Ducks and has successfully competed at the highest levels. She will be a tremendous asset with her passion for the game and interest in helping to develop our Hoosiers."

Following her time at Oregon, Svekis was drafted by the Chicago Bandits of the National Pro Fastpitch league as the third overall pick. In addition, Svekis was a member of Team USA's 2016 Women's Elite Team and participated in the World Cup of Softball.

2 hours ago, mamasa said:

We may have to bench Olivia.....

Indiana Adds All-American Gwen Svekis as Volunteer Assistant Coach

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. – Indiana Softball announced on Monday the addition of former Oregon standout and 2018 NFCA National Catcher of the Year Gwen Svekis to its staff as a volunteer assistant coach.

"Some of my mentors in the softball world had nothing but incredible things to say about the IU coaching staff," said Svekis. "When I heard that there was an opening, I was so excited to pursue the position. This coaching staff is the staff that I want to learn under and couldn't be more excited to soak up all of the knowledge that they've accumulated over their years to hopefully propel me into my future endeavors as a coach. I'm also extremely excited to pass on the knowledge I have gained to the girls on the team and watch this program grow towards its potential."

The Davie, Fla. native was a three-time All-Pacific Region selection for the Ducks, capped by a senior season that saw her earn First Team honors on top of being named an NFCA First Team All-American and First Team All-Pac 12 honoree. During the 2018 campaign, Svekis batted .324 with 57 hits, 17 home runs, 60 RBI and 42 runs scored as she led Oregon to the Women's College World Series for the third time in her four seasons.

"We are excited to add the caliber of athlete and individual in Gwen to our program," said head coach Shonda Stanton. "She was a stud for the Ducks and has successfully competed at the highest levels. She will be a tremendous asset with her passion for the game and interest in helping to develop our Hoosiers."

Following her time at Oregon, Svekis was drafted by the Chicago Bandits of the National Pro Fastpitch league as the third overall pick. In addition, Svekis was a member of Team USA's 2016 Women's Elite Team and participated in the World Cup of Softball.

I apologize I've been busy and I had some of my wisdom teeth pulled.

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. – Indiana Softball has announced its 2018 fall schedule, highlighted by eight games, including five to be played at Andy Mohr Field.

The Hoosiers are coming off their first season under head coach Shonda Stanton. The 2018 campaign saw Indiana finish third in the Big Ten with a 17-6 conference mark, the best record since 2011.

Indiana will begin fall play by hosting Lake Land College for a single game on Sept. 23. IU returns to Andy Mohr Field the following week to face Louisville for a doubleheader Sept. 30 beginning at 1 p.m.

IU will head to Evansville the next weekend to face University of Southern Indiana on Oct. 5 before playing University of Evansville on Oct. 6 for a doubleheader.

The Hoosiers will wrap up fall play on Oct. 12 by playing host to John A. Logan College for a twin bill with first pitch slated for 4 p.m.

Admission to all Indiana Softball home games is free of charge.

2018 Fall Schedule

Sept. 23 – Andy Mohr Field
3 p.m. vs. Lake Land College

Sept. 30 – Andy Mohr Field
1 p.m. vs. Louisville (doubleheader)

Oct. 5 – Evansville, Ind.
3 p.m. vs. University of Southern Illinois

Oct. 6 – Evansville, Ind.
11 a.m. vs. Evansville (doubleheader)

Oct. 12 – Andy Mohr Field
4 p.m. vs. John A. Logan College (doubleheader)