Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Won 9-1 and 9-3 to sweep the doubleheader, and the series, from the Terps. After four Big Ten series, this team is 10-2 and only half a game out of first place behind Michigan.

I'm not sure what happened after that 4-19 start, but it's impressive.

Olivia had said Stanton was a great coach- glad to see results coming through! I honestly don’t know enough about where we are/were as far as talent but seems like Stanton’s team has really bought into her. I’d guess there was a lot of work to do with the existing team (much like what Archie inherited). It’d be really nice to build another contending sport!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'm very unaware of the levels of competitive softball.  Does anyone have knowledge of where our recruiting classes usually fall (within B1G)?  I'm assuming this surge is too late to really help next season, but you'd have to think a sustained improvement could do nothing but help!

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

I still get a chuckle out of that post back in February ragging on Glass for another bad hire.

Anyone ragging on him for making a bad softball hire two weeks into the coach’s first season is most likely a blowhard who doesn’t actually follow softball. 

6 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

So what happened to all those young women that were wearing IU uniforms before the B1G started?   Been an incredible turn of events for IU softball.

I’m hoping to see a similar result from the new volleyball coach. Wrestling as well. Take their lumps early but start to see tangible improvement.

Doubleheader @ Purdue on Wednesday starting @ 4 pm on BTN and then we host Michigan. 

B1G Standings

Michigan         13-1 
IU                      13-2   
Minnesota       10-3     
Northwestern  11-5
OSU                   10-6    
Illinois                 9-6     
Nebraska            8-8    
Wisconsin          6-6
Maryland          7-10
Iowa                  5-11
Purdue              4-10
MSU                  4-11
PSU                   4-12
Rutgers             2-12

Indiana Softball travels to Purdue on Wednesday for a doubleheader, which will be broadcast live on Big Ten Network. First pitch of the doubleheader is scheduled for 4 p.m. With eight games to go in the regular season, the Hoosiers are 13-2 in conference play and just half a game behind Michigan for first place in the Big Ten. Go Hoosiers!

Preview

Game 1 Live Stats

Game 2 Live Stats

Trainer hasn't been super sharp today.  She's allowed 2 base hits and has walked 3 so the PUkers have had runners on base and as I'm typing she just walked #4 and now gave up hit #3 .  She does have 8 strikeouts and just got out of the bottom of the 5th safely.  IU still leading 1-0.

Ladies made Uden's home run stand up for a 1-0 win as the IU women only mustered 4 base hits.  Trainer gave up 3 hits, 5 BB and struckout 10.  

And in the top of the 2nd in game 2, Taylor Lambert just hit a 3 run blast to center field and after an inning and a half IU leads 3-0.