Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

Crossroads Classic Extended Through 2019

We can't win in Banker's Life Fieldhouse. I would put money that we won't this year either. Hate this stupid event. I would rather play Butler in Hinkle so that place is 80% red shirts. Butler fans are pathetic bandwagoners and nothing would please me more than to kick their teeth in on there court with our crowd being louder. Butler sucks

I don't really like the Classic due to the fact it's the 4 main Indiana squads and it's only one game apiece would rather it be a tournament (even tho it can't) and bring in the other indiana teams. Just don't think it is that exciting plus IU is cursed at BLF.

When I saw this "classic" was extended, my first thought was I can't wait to read BGleas' thoughts on it.  I basically agree with all of his thoughts on this subject.  Our classic is nice/cute, but we should try to be in a popular, national event.  If it's an either/or situation, then we should not continue to be in this lose/lose classic.  If we can do both, fine.

I hadn't put too much thought into this event.   after reading some of your posts, I can see how this isn't the best thing for IU nationally, but heck, another game closer to home I can drive to and watch!    Good for basketball fans who live in Indiana

I mean, we still have some really good tournaments and preseason games coming up..

B1G v ACC challenge each year
Maui in 2015

those are pretty awesome... and the maui trip has a great group of programs!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I'm a big fan of this tournament. Its a win/win for all Indiana teams and gets to showcase Hoosier hysteria on a collegiate national level. Basketball is still king in Indiana even if our team doesn't dominate like we all expect.

I don't see how it's a win for Indiana? If we lost we get crushed, if we win it's just expected. I don't have the ratings, but I'm not sure the national audience really cares about this. 

I'm a big fan of this tournament. Its a win/win for all Indiana teams and gets to showcase Hoosier hysteria on a collegiate national level. Basketball is still king in Indiana even if our team doesn't dominate like we all expect.

[quote name="BGleas" post="79248" timestamp="1408384371"]I don't see how it's a win for Indiana? If we lost we get crushed, if we win it's just expected. I don't have the ratings, but I'm not sure the national audience really cares about this. [/quote] Only game the national audience cared about was the butler game because they had the number one team in the nation on the ropes and those fans probably didn't tune in until they saw it was a close game.