Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2016) RHP Skylar Szynski to IU

Had a no-no back in April!

On Monday evening, Szynski retired all 21 hitters he faced during an 8-0 victory over defending state champion Elkhart Central. The final three frames flew by in a blur, as did the post-game celebration for something Greg Dikos had never seen in his 34 seasons as junior varsity and varsity head coach at Penn. "That," Dikos said, "was amazing."

He threw only 66 pitches. He routinely worked the outside corners for strikes. Not a single ball reached the outfield. He did go to 3-2 on a handful of hitters -- maybe no more than three -- but each time kept runners free from first.

Q & A from yesterday.

Szynski, a 6-foot-2, 195 pound righty, came out on fire in his first inning of work at the Future Games earlier this month.  He consistently sat 90-91 with his fastball before bumping it up to 92.  Szynski, ranked No. 6 in the 2016 class, shows easy effort with an electric arm.  

PBR: What were your stats last spring at Penn?

Last spring my record was 7-2 with a 1.64 ERA and 67 K’s in 51 innings pitched.  Opponents' batting average against me was .135, as I only gave up 24 hits.  My batting average was .350 and I had 1 home run.  

Another no-no last night for our guy! Hope we keep him, he's our highest ranked prospect in the 2016 MLB Draft per Perfect Game.

• Penn’s Skylar Szynski fired a no-hitter with 12 strikeouts as the host Kingsmen beat South Bend Washington 6-0 in baseball and improved to 7-0 in the NIC.