Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

IUWS - Keller, Smith, Ellis Named Players To Watch

The Big Ten Conference announced the 2014 Big Ten Women's Soccer Coaches' Preseason Poll as well as the Players To Watch list, featuring three Hoosiers. The players to watch from Indiana include senior midfielder Tori Keller, senior midfielder Abby Smith and sophomore midfielder Veronica Ellis.

Keller played in all 23 matches last year as a defender, helping the Hoosiers set a program record with nine shutouts on their way to advancing to the second round of the NCAA Tournament. She has two goals and four assists in her career.

Smith has 11 career goals scored - six of which have proven to be the game-winning goal - to go along with 11 assists as she enters her senior season. Last year, she registered five goals and eight assists as a junior.

Ellis made a splash during her freshman campaign, scoring three goals - all of which were game-winning goals. Perhaps the biggest goal of the season came in the first round of the NCAA Tournament when her goal late in the second half propelled the Hoosiers to a 1-0 victory over DePaul.

In the coaches' poll, the Hoosiers were picked to finish 10th out of the 14 conference team as voted on by the conference coaches. Last year, Indiana checked in at 12th in the preseason coaches' poll but went on to a 6-5 record and finished the regular season in fourth place.

BIG TEN WOMEN'S SOCCER PRESEASON COACHES' POLL
1. Penn State
2. Wisconsin
3. Maryland
4. Nebraska
5. Michigan
6. Ohio State
7. Illinois
T8. Iowa
T8. Rutgers
10. Indiana
11. Minnesota
12. Michigan State
13. Northwestern
14. Purdue

It's about Soccer time! #FiredUp. Our Lady Hoosiers open the season this Saturday @ 6pm ET in an exhibition match vs Louisville.

<br /><br />I'm happy to have IU sports to talk about agin!<br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

<br /><br />I'm happy to have IU sports to talk about agin!<br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yep. The guys open up their season to on Tuesday in an exhibition match vs Xavier. I'm sure I will have a thread up for a majority of the games.