Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Naturalhoosier

2014 Schedule

I just received my ESPN magazine and it contains the CFB Power Rankings and how our opponents stack up. Without further adieu below is IU, opponents and their Overall Rank/Offense Rank/Defense Rank.

Hoosiers - 38/11/76

1) Indiana State (not ranked, Div I-AA)
2) @Bowling Green - 81/82/85
3) @Missouri - 30/39/31
4) Maryland - 39/63/26
5) North Texas - 103/115/90
6) @Iowa - 37/51/32
7) Michigan State - 24/48/20
8) @Michigan - 18/23/16
9) Penn State - 46/56/33
10) @Rutgers - 59/60/65
11) @Ohio State - 6/5/21
12) Purdue - 96/95/98

Granted this is ESPN, a 13-member panel, and pre-season. But it's still fun to see where we stack up.

We have an overall ranking higher than 6 opponents (ISU is excluded due to their DI-AA status).

Ohio State is the only school who's offense is ranked higher.

There are only 3 opponents with a worse ranked defense.

So what is my ultimate finding with this info? Obviously that we'll be beating the crap out of Purdue again this year!!!!!!

Go Hoosiers!!!!!!!!

Sent from the can using BtownBanners

Purdue at home again?? Awesome!

I noticed that, hopefully that's a beat down.  Normally I just feel sorry for them, but I went out on a limb last season predicting them to beat us because of Doug Mallory's incompetence.  Somehow they managed to suck worse than a Doug Mallory coached defense.

Friggin' Boilermakers can't do anything right.

Not sure where to put this. Just saw that Venric Mark is transferring from Northwestern. Huge blow to that offense, consdering he was that offense.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners