Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

(2015) SF Ogugua Anunoby to IU

These latest few names makes me think Morgan and Milton are off the board.

I think Crean sees Mann as a backup because Shake is no guarantee, but he's not necessarily off the board. The fact that Crean supposedly wants Mann to come for an official visit though makes me a little more nervous.

Not sure how more offers make us think Shake and Juwan are lost. This is classic Crean. We'll predict a class of 3 and end up with 5. Who the heck knows. Unless Gen has some insider info to support the idea that we've lost ground with our Mokan recruits, this seems normal for Crean. Find the upcoming hot recruit early, offer, and never hear about them again lol.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

I think Crean sees Mann as a backup because Shake is no guarantee, but he's not necessarily off the board. The fact that Crean supposedly wants Mann to come for an official visit though makes me a little more nervous.

Mann is more of a wing. Shake is a college pg.

T. Mann is a top 100 player, a great athlete, and the son of a D1 head coach. He is no ones backup plan.

I really like the idea of Mann based on his background combined with his ability.  He is a basketball player that is athletic as opposed to others who are athletes that happen to play basketball.  

[quote name="Stuhoo" post="76558" timestamp="1407221201"]Mann is more of a wing. Shake is a college pg.

T. Mann is a top 100 player, a great athlete, and the son of a D1 head coach. He is no ones backup plan.[/quote]

True not a backup option for Shake, but Mann was the next in line after Mitchell. Backup plan has a negative connotation. I just wouldn't say he's a number one priority just yet.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="Alaska Hoosier" post="76602" timestamp="1407264971"] If anyone has any insight on how the visit went today, i'd appreciate it[/quote] I haven't heard, and I know I continue to say this, but IU does well on their visits...I'd be shocked if it didn't go well. I haven't read through this thread but did see a bit of confusion as to "why taking this guy" or maybe it was just "why offer." IU has scouted him several times this July it was just typically masked in the Nick Marshall scouting as they play on the same AAU team. I have no insight as to whether taking OG helps w NM but it could. The staff could just really like OG as well. I cannot comment as I haven't even seen a highlight film let alone a full game. It may be worth noting for both cases that IU has ties to Team Thad from prior recruitments.

I wouldn't be so quick to judge this kid just based on his lack of national ranking. He looks really good. I'm really trusting Crean here, and if OG commits, I think we'll all be very happy with him. He has the chance to practice and learn from some of our other players and develop into a very solid 4 year player.

Je'Ney is gonna make a meal out of this guy. Looks really athletic already and has some solid bounce too, some more muscle and stamina... OG could be a freak out there.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

[quote name="IUsafety" post="79819" timestamp="1408668597"]Via @ebosshoops

Per Team Thad's Norton Hurd, 2015 O.G. Anunoby down to Murray State, Indiana, Vandy, K State, Iowa, Ole Miss and Georgia.

8/21/14 8:29PM

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]

Come on now CTC. No disrespect but if he really wants this kid then go get it

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Count me as an O.G. fan. You can't teach that kind of athleticism. Our 2015 recruit possibilities don't look that great anyway. It  looks like Crean is after a big, a point, and a wing (I know we don't know where the schollys will come from yet). I like Mann but O.G. works for the wing. Watching his highlights made me feel like I was watching a young Oladipo again. Like Holt, let's lock him up now before he blows up. If the recent past is any indication, Michigan State will probably be offering soon! :angry:

One thing is true. If he doesn't work out Indiana is never out of schollies. We have 6 this year and also 2012 so finding room is not a problem. No need for balanced classes when you have no seniors. Maybe we should go the baseball route and have 35 players on 1/3 schollies each since they only get 11 or 12 full ones between them. Then you can run off all the freshmen who didn't get to play or who won't cut it, make all decent Jr.s go pro, and overecruit with Juco players for the rest of the remaining players. Creans system would be perfect for this. Or just go back in time before freshmen eligibility and start a JV feeder program. Hey, I may be on to something here. Some times you have to think outside the box when you can't land the big recruits.