Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

(2015) SF Ogugua Anunoby to IU

We may already be getting a Wilkes.

And if we would have had Zeller and VO another season, we'd have strung together another top 5 season and might have gotten an even bigger bounce.

Vonleh was the theoretical 5 star big that we got off Zeller being good, but we'd have been better with Zeller staying.

We may already be getting a Wilkes.

And if we would have had Zeller and VO another season, we'd have strung together another top 5 season and might have gotten an even bigger bounce.

Vonleh was the theoretical 5 star big that we got off Zeller being good, but we'd have been better with Zeller staying.

Of course we would have been better. We would have been better if there wasn't a mass exodus after Sampson and Gordon, Bassett, Ellis and company stayed. But Vonleh was really good. REALLY good. That was a failed season but not on the players but how they were used. But has nothing to do with OG home skillet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

I would really like to understand the lottery talk.  He is currently projected at #38 in the second round.  I know we're all famous here for over-inflating the ability of our players; but this is a kid who is still in need of a few NBA skills for a kid his size.  Namely?  He needs to dramatically improve his jump shot and ability to score with the ball.   OG is a terrific talent, but he ain't close to lottery yet. Breathe, folks.

9 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

I would really like to understand the lottery talk.  He is currently projected at #38 in the second round.  I know we're all famous here for over-inflating the ability of our players; but this is a kid who is still in need of a few NBA skills for a kid his size.  Namely?  He needs to dramatically improve his jump shot and ability to score with the ball.   OG is a terrific talent, but he ain't close to lottery yet. Breathe, folks.

A lot is probably coming from how the end of last season went, how Oladipo blew up, and this.

Ford’s top 100 for 2017 also includes Thomas Bryant, who is ranked the No. 25 prospect. Bryant is ranked just behind Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges, who came in at No. 24.

Over at DraftExpress, Anunoby also came in at No. 16 overall in an updated mock draft for 2017 with Bryant at No. 19 overall.

just rewatched uk-iu watshot game, and my biggest takeaway this time around was i hope og becomes michael kidd gilchrist with a respectable shot this year.  mkg had never come to mind when trying to think of a player comparison to og, so it was an ah-ha moment realizing how similar of players they are/can be.  he was the meerkats' best player that game.

i apologize for poisoning this thread with uk talk when it wasnt really called for.  i hope solace is found via my avatar.

OG has tremendous potential. I've been calling him a baby kawhi leonard for the past season. He has lots to work on such as gaining a shot, creating a shot, defensive/offensive IQ, and his quickness just to name a few things. 

Next years draft class is suppose to be one of the deepest since the Kobe draft. Every player in the top 10 is projected to be a player who can contribute from day 1, with a few possible franchise players. Right now, i see OG going late first round. I'm basing this off his current skill level. If he had an oladipo summer this past summer, then i could see him jumping up quite a bit.

Honestly if he would've entered this past NBA draft , i think he could've gone late first round. Would spend his first season or two in the D-League more than likely, i'm glad he's returning to IU.