Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Naturalhoosier

From Denver to Delaware!!!!

[quote name="Naturalhoosier" post="76247" timestamp="1406943239"]Many of you may or may not have known but I have been in the process of relocating my family east. The long and the short of it is that my wife is from NJ and she wants to be closer to her family.

Anyway...I received an offer that was too good to be true and we will be moving in a few weeks!

I'm scared and thrilled at the same time! A big time move (my first in 15 yrs when I moved to Denver from Indiana). Anyway, I had to share w/my "Hoosier" Family!!!!
:good: :D[/quote]

Big move. Props for doing a good thing for the family. I have been looking at a few moves too but am trying to hold out until one of the kids graduates HS then we have a little window.

Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="Naturalhoosier" post="76247" timestamp="1406943239"]Many of you may or may not have known but I have been in the process of relocating my family east. The long and the short of it is that my wife is from NJ and she wants to be closer to her family. Anyway...I received an offer that was too good to be true and we will be moving in a few weeks! I'm scared and thrilled at the same time! A big time move (my first in 15 yrs when I moved to Denver from Indiana). Anyway, I had to share w/my "Hoosier" Family!!!! :good: :D[/quote] Just moved to the East coast yesterday as well. Nice to see that you did everything you could to make your wife happy. Not many are willing to succumb to their wives wishes these days (50%+ divorce rate). Best of luck to you and your fam in DE! Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

I really appreciate the words of encouragement!  It'll be an interesting ride but we'll get there!  I'll be about an hour and a half from Rutgers and about the same from U of Maryland.  It's about 3 hours to Penn State if I really wanted to take a jaunt.

I'm not looking forward to the humidity or being back in the Eastern Time zone.  lol

Living in Delaware you should make sure to get very comfortable with Capriotti's subs and Grotto Pizza. I was born in Wilmington, Delaware and spent a summer interning at University of Delaware. Also grew up going to Bethany Beach every summer. It is a very underrated area with a lot to offer despite its small size. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Living in Delaware you should make sure to get very comfortable with Capriotti's subs and Grotto Pizza. I was born in Wilmington, Delaware and spent a summer interning at University of Delaware. Also grew up going to Bethany Beach every summer. It is a very underrated area with a lot to offer despite its small size. Enjoy!

My wife and I were just talking about the need to find some local cuisine so thanks for the suggestion!  We are eying the Newark area to land.  When I was scouting some of the houses last week I drove by the Delaware athletics facilities.  I didn't have time to give it a thorough overview, but they appeared to be rather nice for a smaller university.

[quote name="Naturalhoosier" post="76373" timestamp="1407086277"]My wife and I were just talking about the need to find some local cuisine so thanks for the suggestion! We are eying the Newark area to land. When I was scouting some of the houses last week I drove by the Delaware athletics facilities. I didn't have time to give it a thorough overview, but they appeared to be rather nice for a smaller university.[/quote]

Newark is a nice little college town and the UD campus is great. I never got to go to a football game but I've heard it's a fun environment and good tailgating.

On Main Street in Newark there are a number of really good restaurants. Agree with LIHoosier above. Find some local seafood, crab places. Since you're so close to Maryland I'd get to used to eating blue crabs and real crab cakes.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'm not a seafood lover but my wife is. Her folks have a place on LBI and we'll catch blue claws and they go to town. Her mom has the pot on the stove before we even get off the boat. Lol. They go to town on them bad boys.

Sent from the can using BtownBanners

[quote name="Naturalhoosier" post="76376" timestamp="1407088691"]I'm not a seafood lover but my wife is. Her folks have a place on LBI and we'll catch blue claws and they go to town. Her mom has the pot on the stove before we even get off the boat. Lol. They go to town on them bad boys.

Sent from the can using BtownBanners[/quote]

My grandpa lived in Annapolis on the Chesapeake Bay so I learned to properly eat crabs before I could walk. It's a way of life

[quote name="TheStillman" post="76375" timestamp="1407088017"]Newark is a nice little college town and the UD campus is great. I never got to go to a football game but I've heard it's a fun environment and good tailgating.

On Main Street in Newark there are a number of really good restaurants. Agree with LIHoosier above. Find some local seafood, crab places. Since you're so close to Maryland I'd get to used to eating blue crabs and real crab cakes.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote] I love blue crabs. My parents where raised in Bethesda

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.