Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

Will Sheehey - FC Porto (Portugal)

As someone also from te Fort, I think they signed him to try and get some people to come. We are definitely talking Mad Ants now. Never been to a game either but I'm interested now.

Yeah, fort WAYNE here too, hence the name. Rod Wilmont played here for a while too. Noah Vonleh, sent down for 2 games. And who can forget Master P?

The games are pretty dead. Cheap though. I may go check Sheehey out while he's here! Only been to 3 or 4 always been for a school function with my kids.

lived my entire life here in fort wayne and never been to a mad ants game, might have some motivation to go now.

sidenote, they show highlights on local news and its so dead at those games, sometimes i wonder how much longer itll be around

Mad Ants or D League? Because if anything the D League is going to be expanded in the next yeara

The Mad Ants should get Jordy and CWat and recreate the team minus Oladipo and Zeller. Then Vonleh can get sent back too and they could almost have a Hoosier starting 5. Although Andre Emmitt is tearing it up as a Mad Ant. They'd have to keep him as a starter. CJ Fair to come off the bench. That'd be the squad!

Now that's something to get excited about baby! D-League Basketball

Will Sheehey, the former Indiana University star, has asked to be traded by the Mad Ants and has been removed from their active roster.

He will not be in the lineup Friday at Canton, Ohio, as defending champion Fort Wayne (22-14) tries to win for the 15th time in 19 games.

“It came as a surprise to me,” Mad Ants president Jeff Potter said. “But Will was unhappy with his role on the team and didn’t want to move forward with us, so we’re going to do our best to come to a resolution.”

Sheehey, 23, had played eight games since joining Fort Wayne on Jan. 29, including three starts and was averaging 5.8 points, 2.9 rebounds and 19.4 minutes per game.

“It’s a player’s request and I’m disappointed,” Potter said. “I was hoping he would be a part of our attempt to repeat as champions this year and be a big part of us in the future. But we’ll do our best to find a resolution in the meantime.”

To take Sheehey’s place, the Mad Ants have activated 25-year-old Greg Foster, a native of Indianapolis, who has played one minute of one game this season.

After scoring eight points in 13 second-half minutes during his debut – a 103-94 loss to Iowa – Sheehey scored 26 points over the next two games.

But in the last five games, his playing time had waned. He appeared in only seven minutes, going 0 for 5 from the field, in the last two games both victories coming after the Mad Ants signed guard Trey McKinney-Jones, who had been with them last season.

Sheehey was the first Indiana player to be selected Sixth Man of the Year in the Big Ten, a feat he accomplished in his junior season of 2012-13.

In that season, the Hoosiers won the conference title and he averaged 9.5 points, 3.7 rebounds and 1.3 assists. As a senior, he averaged 11.4 points, 4.0 rebounds and 1.8 assists and was honorable mention all-conference.

He wasn’t drafted last year and tried out for several NBA teams – he played for the New York Knicks in Summer League – and then signed in Montenegro, where he played nine games.

The Mad Ants’ scoring load has been shouldered by guard Andre Emmett, who has averaged a team-best 26 points over the last five games, while Gary Talton has averaged 17.4 and C.J. Fair has averaged 15.4. Sheehey had been added to the roster for his hustle and defensive play, more than anything, but those are also attributes McKinney-Jones brings to the court.

After breaking his nose taking a charge in Sunday’s 91-81 victory at Memorial Coliseum over Grand Rapids, McKinney-Jones is expected to play at Canton (20-16).

http://www.journalgazette.net/blog/mad-antics/Sheehey-asks-to-be-traded-5259739

Asking for a trade in the D league is pretty much just asking to be cut. Its the D league and there are a million guys out there ready to step up and take your spot. He is lucky he got the chance after getting cut from his team in Montenegro.

i know this is easy to say after the fact, but when i watched him and watford a few weeks ago he didnt look too thrilled

The D League really makes no sense for a player like Will anyway. He could be making 10x more overseas. The D League is used by guys who want to keep the dream alive. Will offers nothing special for an NBA team, so there really isn't a purpose for him to be in the D League. Go get paid, Will.

The D League really makes no sense for a player like Will anyway. He could be making 10x more overseas. The D League is used by guys who want to keep the dream alive. Will offers nothing special for an NBA team, so there really isn't a purpose for him to be in the D League. Go get paid, Will.

The thing is, Will got cut from his team overseas. And that was in the lower leagues of Montenegro… 

The thing is, Will got cut from his team overseas. And that was in the lower leagues of Montenegro…

I'm sure he has other options out there. If he's requesting a trade, he must know that there is something else.