Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
BtownBanners

CTC Special Guest on ESPNU @ 9pm ET- Oct. 19

Does anyone know how much Crean will be on?  Or will he be studio co-host?

ESPNU will tip off the basketball season with more than four hours of ESPNU Midnight Madness coverage on Friday, Oct. 18, at 9 p.m. ET. This year’s ESPNU special will feature on-site coverage from nine basketball programs, eight of which are in ESPN.com basketball writer Jason King’s Top 25: No. 1 Kentucky, No. 6 Duke, No. 9 Syracuse, No. 11 Oklahoma State, No. 13 Wichita State, No. 15 Memphis, No. 17 New Mexico, No. 21 UConn and Florida Gulf Coast. ESPN analysts will provide commentary from each site, with additional previews and interviews live from the ESPNU studio in Charlotte, N.C.

ESPN3 will carry six Midnight Madness events live in their entirety, beginning tomorrow, Oct. 4, at 7:30 p.m., with Late Night in the Phog featuring the No. 5 Kansas men’s basketball team. It will be the nation’s first chance to see 2013 No. 1 recruit Andrew Wiggins take the court as a Jayhawk along with highly anticipated teammates Joel Embiid and Wayne Selden. ESPN3’s coverage continues on October 18 with a comprehensive look at Duke, Kentucky, Oklahoma State, UConn and Syracuse events.

In total ESPN’s Midnight Madness coverage across networks will feature the top three 2013 recruiting classes – Kentucky, Kansas, Memphis – and a first glimpse at 19 freshmen from the 2013 ESPN 100.

2013 ESPNU Midnight Madness Highlights:

• Home Court –  ESPNU host Matt Schick will be joined by college basketball analyst Jay Bilas, Seth Greenberg and Andy Katz. The studio team will provide analysis, previews and conduct phone interviews throughout the show with the nation’s leading head coaches.
  • On the Road - ESPN commentators will provide coverage of various elements from nine college arena’s including scrimmages, player introductions, skill and dunk contests, team skits, head coach and player interviews, along with season previews. ESPN analysts on-site: Bruce Pearl, Darrin Horn, Dino Gaudio, Fran Fraschilla, Jimmy Dykes, Kara Lawson, Rebecca Lobo, LaPhonso Ellis, Len Elmore, Miles Simon, Rich Hollenberg, Sean Farnham and Tim Welsh.
  • Special Guest – ESPNU will host its first head coach in-studio,  Indiana Men’s Basketball Coach Tom Crean
  • Notables – Kentucky will be a part of the special for the fifth consecutive year; UConn coverage will include a special men’s & women’s combined scrimmage with Kevin Ollie and Geno Auriemma coaching; Florida Gulf Coast, Wichita State and New Mexico will be featured for the first time.

Link

He seems pretty optimistic, and doesn't seem to be selling too much to be that way.  IMO.  I was curious to see if he would sell us on the season, and he really didn't.  He must be optimistic in the freshman.  This dudes mind runs a mile a minute.  Its kind of funny listening to him talk.  Its like he has ADD on his own thoughts of basketball.  I am officially ready for the season now.  

How in the hell could anyone ever want to play for Boeheim?  He might be the most boring individual in history.  He must be a blast on an in home (insert monotone voice)...  He probably tells kids he will quit talking if they commit.  

Does anyone know how much Crean will be on?  Or will he be studio co-host?

Answer...ALOT!

It is truly, truly enjoyable to see 15 second flashes of BigBlew Madness interspersed with a 20 minute segment of CTC and the ESPNU studio guys discussing Hoosier hoops!

Enjoy, Kentucky fans. Enjoy.

He seems pretty optimistic, and doesn't seem to be selling too much to be that way.  IMO.  I was curious to see if he would sell us on the season, and he really didn't.  He must be optimistic in the freshman.  This dudes mind runs a mile a minute.  Its kind of funny listening to him talk.  Its like he has ADD on his own thoughts of basketball.  I am officially ready for the season now.

Great point. That's what I was curious about- to see if he was trying to oversell a middle of the road product. Seems like he has true belief in our foundation. I'd rather have a solid team throughout than individuals who are great.

Great point. That's what I was curious about- to see if he was trying to oversell a middle of the road product. Seems like he has true belief in our foundation. I'd rather have a solid team throughout than individuals who are great.

Yeah he really laid out strengths and weaknesses, while explaining where he would like to see everyone get better as well as who are going to be our most important players.  He was far more candid than I would have thought.  He really didn't temper expectations like I thought he would try.