Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Curt Miller Resigning from IUWBB

I checked into this a little bit and stopped after a resounding reply of "sick". I honestly don't know what to think.

If he is sick, I'd think he would take a leave of absence like Chuck Pagano did instead of quitting. Unless it is 100% terminal and there is no way he could coach again.

Usually when a coach is sick you hear rumblings before things are announced a la Coach Hep. This came 100% out of the blue and surprised everyone. I wouldn't be surprised of something happened internally. We'll know soon enough as the IU community rallies around sickness and starts charities etc to help cover the medical costs. Coach hep, Strength coach etc.

I'll know the answer based on how other IU coaches & players react

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

CCM's resignation letter to FG from yesterday citing personal health and family reasons. Thoughts and Prayers Coach.

Just thought about this, but personal health doesn't necessarily mean 'physically' sick.  It could also involve something mental. 

Not to downplay whatever is wrong with Coach, but hopefully it is something the girls can fight for and help bond them together to reach their goals this upcoming season. There is a reason that 2007 Insight Bowl was made and so special for the football team. They came together and pushed each other and were united by Coach Hep.

This will sound horrible, but hopefully it is something the girls and come together about and not an internal issue that can divide them over time.

Just thought about this, but personal health doesn't necessarily mean 'physically' sick.  It could also involve something mental. 

I've thought about that several times.  People keep saying "sick" with the quotes, and it's made me wonder :(

@golfguru55: BNL's Jenna Allen has reopened her recruiting following the resignation of Curt Miller as the IU women's coach.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

She was our only '15 commit. Jenna did some work @ the Indiana/Kentucky All-Star game. Her presence will be missed.  '16 F Darby Foresman and '18 F Bree Boles are the only other two that i'm aware of that we have committed.

Understand, but I've known JT for awhile, he's not going to spread false stuff.

Most importantly, if he is sick, horrible and terrible loss for IU. Dude was on fire and really bringing up IU women's bball. Prayers with Coach Miller.

Sent from my DROID4 using BtownBanners mobile app

I've been told a couple of things from my sources. Thank you for supporting my credibility. As a student here, i may have a little bit of more inside information than most people, although there are multiple people on here that for sure have better inside sources than mine

Back to the story, i was first told about a sickness issue in which he pretty much decided to leave the team. I believe that one more than the other. I haven't followed the girls tweets on twitter because i've been busy, but i'm sure they will support him no matter what the inside truth is. 

As for the second story that i've heard, i don't want to say a lot but the internal issues that i heard involved relationships inside the women bball program which led to his decision. No player and coaches relationships.. just other stuff i guess... I guess they gave him a choice of getting fired or leaving to personal reasons.

Just wanted to share what i heard and see if anyone heard similar. I left out some details on the second story btw.  Additionally, whatever the story is, it's sad to see Miller go as he was really turning the program around. 

JTreesh has come on here to stir the pot before. I don't believe he was "forced out" for one second. 

I may criticize crean and project my future dreams of seeing Hanner in a NBA Uniform, but i just wanted to share some information that i've heard. I've broken a few stories on the old Scout Hoosier message board but i've also been wrong other times i'm sure (can't recall lol)

My story although second hand..leads to his personal life in Bowling Green and a very jealous partner ..who is willing to at all costs ..ruin his career. And has succeeded so far,<br /><br /><br />In the gym

<br /><br />It's very sad the length people will go to hurt others. I don't know any details of course, but this action affects Coach, staff, players, fans, University staff, etc. Any chance this can be resolved?<br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

My story although second hand..leads to his personal life in Bowling Green and a very jealous partner ..who is willing to at all costs ..ruin his career. And has succeeded so far,

In the gym

yepp yepp. hearing SIMILAR things..... 

@Rick_Sports10: Just spoke with ISU AD Ron Prettyman can confirm report by @MikeMillerHT .IU has contacted ISU womens coach Teri Moren about open position

From the Terre Haute newsdesk...

Jeremy Price @JPPrice  
Multiple indications that Indiana is closing in on a new women's basketball coach. Official word could come as soon as Friday. #iuwbb

Any ideas on who they're looking at?

Still really bummed to see Miller go, seemed like a really decent guy and did so much for IUWBB in just the short few years he was here.  I hope he gets another women's program that's on par with or better than IUWBB for him to coach, as I would really hate to see whatever issues hes going through ruin his professional coaching career for good.  

I believe it is down to 2.<br /><br />Teri Moren from Indiana State. A former Purdue grad (barf)<br /><br />Cameron Newbauer. Currently at Belmont.

<br /><br />Is Cameron any relation to Andrea Newbauer?<br /><br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app