Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Curt Miller Resigning from IUWBB

Ouch!

Indiana University Vice President and Director of Intercollegiate Athletics Fred Glass announced today that he has accepted the resignation of Curt Miller as IU's head women's basketball coach. While stepping down as head coach effective immediately, Coach Miller will take until the end of the month to fully transition out of the University.

"Curt Miller did an incredible job coaching this team, bringing us farther, faster than anyone could have reasonably expected," Glass said. "He leaves the program in a very strong position and poised for much greater success. I respect his decision to resign, and I wish him well. The search for a permanent successor has already begun."

Miller and Glass met with the women's basketball team and available staff this morning to tell them about the resignation and plans for the future. Glass said he will ask the new head coach to consider retaining the current assistant coaches, but doing so will be his or her decision. Glass expects all other women's basketball staff members to stay.

Until a new head coach is hired, Associate Head Coach Curtis Lloyd will serve as Interim Head Coach. In addition, Glass has organized a transition team to help oversee the women's basketball program comprised of: Associate Athletic Director and Senior Women Administrator Mattie White (Chair), Associate Athletic Director for Strategic Communications and Fan Experience Jeremy Gray, Assistant Athletic Trainer Robert Black, Assistant Athletic Director for Strength and Conditioning/Performance Tom Morris, Director of Academic Services Lorian Price, Assistant Director of Media Relations Ryan Sheets, and Director of Women's Basketball Operations Liz Honegger.

Glass will personally lead the search for IU's next head women's basketball coach with the counsel and support of advisors inside and outside the athletic department, including a student-athlete from the women's basketball team.

As the Department begins a formal search for a new head coach, Indiana University will have no further comment on this matter. 

Ugh. The hits keep coming. Odd timing, no?

After second thought, timing isn't too terrible, although you'd think it would happen directly after end of year. Something must have happened during off season either personally or professionally

It does seem fairly odd to me. Why wait until you've gotten all your recruits in and putting them through summer workouts, only a month til school starts, then call it quits? Sounds fishy if you ask me, but I will reserve judgment until an official statement is made.

I'm under the assumption his coaching career is on hold while he handles some personal life battles.

Tough tough blow for the women's team, he had them grooving. Tough blow for IU too after T. smith now Curt.... Someone buy me a drink...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'm under the assumption his coaching career is on hold while he handles some personal life battles. Tough tough blow for the women's team, he had them grooving. Tough blow for IU too after T. smith now Curt.... Someone buy me a drink...Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

+1,0000

Hope he's okay!

Realistically at this point in the year an assistant will probably be interim all year right? Would think hiring now would be really tough

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

First of all, prayers for Coach and his family.  

Second, you are right at this point we are probably looking at an interim situation.  I just hope the women's team doesn't get get set back for a few years like the men's team and the football team did by a somewhat successful interim getting the full time job.