Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

Drew Moor - Toronto FC

http://soccerblog.dallasnews.com/2014/08/former-fc-dallas-center-back-drew-moor-steady-as-colorado-rapids-captain.html/

Consistent, dependable, durable, tough: all words that describe Colorado Rapids captain Drew Moor. And even as the Dallas native and former FC Dallas center-back is now in his 10th MLS season, the competitive fire burns as strong as ever.

Moor and the Rapids visit Toyota Stadium on Saturday with Colorado (8-8-6, 30 points) one spot behind fourth-place FCD (9-7-6, 33 points) in the Western Conference.

“It’s a big game because everybody needs points right now. These points become huge come September and October,” Moor said. “[FCD is] always tough at home, and they’re playing well right now.”

This is Moor’s first full season wearing the armband for Colorado — he was named captain June 19, 2013. The Episcopal School of Dallas product credits former FCD teammates such as Clarence Goodson and Greg Vanney for showing him early in his career what leadership was all about.

But there was one individual, Bobby Rhine, a former Dallas defender and broadcaster who died in September 2011, who also left a lasting impression on him.

“We were good buddies,” Moor said. “As great of a player he was on the field, he was a very good man off the field. He’s the first one that I always think about.”

First-year FCD coach Oscar Pareja spent the last two seasons in Colorado, where he coached Moor. He saw plenty of great leadership from the Dallas native with the Rapids and before that during their one season as FCD teammates in 2005.

“That kid is really a good example for any other athlete,” Pareja said. “For me, he’s the prototype of a team player that can lead by that standard.”

And even as Moor is in his 10th season, the thought of slowing down hasn’t crossed his mind.

“Obviously, 10 years is a long time. I’d like to play for another 10 years if that is physically possible,” Moor said. “I still have a lot of soccer left to play.”

Drew started and played the entire game last night for his first action of the season and Colorado won 4-0.

@ColoradoRapids: Watch an emotional Drew Moor on his comeback after almost eight months out and that crucial #Rapids96 victory http://www.coloradorapids.com/video/2015/04/11/drew-moor-reflects-emotional-return