Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Feaskb01

Emmanuel Mudiay

Just saw a post on Twitter from Jeff Goodman that he will not be playing at SMU this year, but instead going pro overseas. Apparently there is a NCAA investigation in his amateur status. I would imagine this would change there preseason ranking and maybe hurt IU's out of conference schedule strength. Probably not enough to matter in the long run, but worth noting.

Ha ha read my response to UNC troubles thread. Maybe I need to go buy a lottery ticket. Fact remains the Myles Brands of the NCAA are more worried about this happening vs the complete breakdown happening at UNC or Miami. This just makes me hope the power 5 conferences get together and say fu we're going on our own. The ivory towers are coming down. Athletes make the NCAA and soon the revenue producers will be getting paid accordingly. But, if you don't want to go to class, go pro.

I see a lot of talk about the power conferences leaving the NCAA and creating its own governing body. Is this even possible. I mean, I know it's in the realm of possibility. Anything is. But this would be unprecedented. 

[quote name="CampCrean" post="74302" timestamp="1405442157"]I see a lot of talk about the power conferences leaving the NCAA and creating its own governing body. Is this even possible. I mean, I know it's in the realm of possibility. Anything is. But this would be unprecedented. [/quote]

Would be crazy, but not THAT crazy. Look at the NAIA, it is obviously on a much smaller level, but it stays alive. I think it could happen sooner than we may think.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I see a lot of talk about the power conferences leaving the NCAA and creating its own governing body. Is this even possible. I mean, I know it's in the realm of possibility. Anything is. But this would be unprecedented.

The SEC has basically said if the NCAA does not allow more benefits to the student athlete, they will either start a division IV or leave. These athletes are making the schools a ton of money and a full scholarship does not allow for extra $ for the athletes nor does it cover every expense. These kids cannot work while on scholarship, and the communists have already caved by allowing extra meals and now talking of guaranteed schollies. Here in SC Coach Spurrier has come out in support of giving these revenue sport players some pocket money for dates, etc... I think it would help eliminate these hangers on in cases such as UNC and Ohio St, and it would ease the burden a lot of the athletes that come from under priviledged backgrounds. Plus the way the NCAA has selective enforcement makes me believe they may go the way of horse and buggy as their favoratism is blantantly obvious.

If he can successfully transition to the league... Hey top high school talent! Here's $1.2 million reasons not to go to college!

@WojYahooNBA: Emmanuel Mudiay's one-year deal with Guangdong of the China Basketball Association will pay him $1.2M, source tells Yahoo Sports.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

Fran knows what it is when it comes to international ball @franfraschilla: Limitations on how many foreigners are on court at 1 time in China. Coaching? Development? Mudiay now part of interesting hoops experiment. Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

If he can successfully transition to the league... Hey top high school talent! Here's $1.2 million reasons not to go to college!

@WojYahooNBA: Emmanuel Mudiay's one-year deal with Guangdong of the China Basketball Association will pay him $1.2M, source tells Yahoo Sports.

Wow. That would be really really hard to turn down as a senior coming out of high school. I know this option has always been on the table for these kids but I could see this opening the flood gates.

[quote name="Feaskb01" post="75025" timestamp="1406041837"]Wow. That would be really really hard to turn down as a senior coming out of high school. I know this option has always been on the table for these kids but I could see this opening the flood gates.[/quote] It's nice to see a kid who was going to be prevented from playing by the NCAA has other viable options. I don't think this will have a major impact on future high schoolers decision. Mudiay's family is originally from the Congo so transplanting international may not be as foreign a concept to him as most Americans. China is a completely different animal though. I don't know how many high school kids are mature enough to handle the social change and money. This also wouldn't be a $1.2 million option for many kids. Mudiay is considered top talent in 2015.