Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2017) SF/PF Malik Williams to UofL

I think this season for IU is going to be one of the most critical, in terms of long term recruiting impact. Have another season like last year and we change a lot of people/recruits perceptions. No need to leave the state when you can drive south and win B1G championships while being treated like a demigod

1 hour ago, HoosierTrav said:

I think this season for IU is going to be one of the most critical, in terms of long term recruiting impact. Have another season like last year and we change a lot of people/recruits perceptions. No need to leave the state when you can drive south and win B1G championships while being treated like a demigod

Agreed. And frankly we should be in the mix. We're a veteran team. Easier schedule than the Badgers. We get MSU at home and hopefully they will take a bit to gel. 

Agreed. And frankly we should be in the mix. We're a veteran team. Easier schedule than the Badgers. We get MSU at home and hopefully they will take a bit to gel. 

I agree to a certain extent but think it will take more than back to back seasons. The Zeller-Watford-Oladipo-Hulls core proved IU could contend for the B1G regular season title along with back to back Sweet 16s.

For me to be convinced, and therefore future recruits, I'll need to see IU compete for B1G titles and decent runs in the tourney over a longer stretch with different cores. Yogi and Troy are gone and the core group has changed. If IU contends this year with a few different contributors that will definitely show me something. However, the following year will be the true test when all of the true contributors from last seasons B1G title likely gone. Just my $0.02

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Trending Louisville.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Boo! The 'ville has a lot of gall even poking around (pun intended) recruiting circles after that scandal. If they had a modicum of decency, they would initiate every interaction with a recruit and their family with an apology for the complete and utter lack of institutional control that allowed that conduct to occur.

On 7/12/2016 at 6:10 PM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Trending Louisville.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

So over the past 14 days you went from saying "word is he wants MSU" to "trending Louisville."

Is it safe to say he's just playing out the process and there's a long way to go?

Regardless, the article on TOS doesn't sound too promising, as we were not even mentioned as one of 7 schools recruiting him. Out of the 4 in-state kids for 2017, I have the least confidence in getting Williams.

On June 29, 2016 at 2:36 PM, HoosierAloha said:

I agree to a certain extent but think it will take more than back to back seasons. The Zeller-Watford-Oladipo-Hulls core proved IU could contend for the B1G regular season title along with back to back Sweet 16s.

For me to be convinced, and therefore future recruits, I'll need to see IU compete for B1G titles and decent runs in the tourney over a longer stretch with different cores. Yogi and Troy are gone and the core group has changed. If IU contends this year with a few different contributors that will definitely show me something. However, the following year will be the true test when all of the true contributors from last seasons B1G title likely gone. Just my $0.02

He's going to Purdue according to their fans. We should give up

So over the past 14 days you went from saying "word is he wants MSU" to "trending Louisville."

Is it safe to say he's just playing out the process and there's a long way to go?

Regardless, the article on TOS doesn't sound too promising, as we were not even mentioned as one of 7 schools recruiting him. Out of the 4 in-state kids for 2017, I have the least confidence in getting Williams.

Yes. I did. "Word" in Fort Wayne is he WANTS Michigan State.

247 CB is "Trending" Louisville.

Both are facts.

He may go to neither school but both statements are true.

I think our chances with Williams far exceed Jackson.

I've said numerous times, I don't think we get either.

Earlier today:  2017 Fort Wayne (IN) forward Malik Wiiliams (@leek_willi34) game-high 33 points to lead Legit Basketball to 93-61 win at UA Finals.

And now:  Malik Williams (@leek_willi34) 31 points, 11 rebs, big 3 & 2 blocks late in @LEGITBASKETBALL 61-58 win over Louisville Magic.

Now that's a find day's work!

I believe he's playing in the AAU Super Showcase event in Orlando this weekend but he had another fantastic game.  CTC and Pitino in attendance and probably others as well.

Malik Williams (@leek_willi34) finishes with 31 points, 15 rebounds and eight blocked shots as @LEGITBASKETBALL moves into finals of bracket