Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Alex Dickerson - Atlanta Braves

Alex started rehab assignment with the Low A Eugene Emeralds yesterday. 

http://registerguard.com/rg/sports/31897451-81/dickerson-ems-padres-league-spring.html.csp

Attempting to get himself back on track after surgery in the spring on his left foot that was described as “career saving” when it was done, with an estimate he wouldn’t play again for another five to eight months.

“After being told your season is over, just being out here playing baseball again is where I want to be,” Dickerson said after going 0-for-3 with a walk in his debut with the Ems on Sunday at PK Park in a 3-2 loss to Hillsboro. “I’m still not all the way 100 percent, but it’s coming along quick.”

Dickerson hit .280 in 14 games for the Padres in spring training and was ticketed to play at El Paso in the Pacific Coast League to start the season, only to be sidelined when he suffered a left ankle sprain.

An examination showed his heel bone had an abnormality that Padres manager Bud Black told reporters made it “like a light bulb. There was a 50-50 chance that heel could break into a thousand pieces. If that had happened, Alex’s career would have been over.”

“It was crazy, definitely like a one-in-a-million thing, but it saved my career, stepping on that sprinkler head,” Dickerson said.