Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

Jerrud Sabourin - Retired

Solid work for Jerrud last night. He hit for the cycle. 5-6, 3 RBIs

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20140720&content_id=85337226&fext=.jsp&vkey=news_milb

The 24-year-old outfielder became the fourth player in team history to hit for the cycle and first since Rene Reyes did it on June 10, 2002 at Greenville. The cycle is the second in the Carolina League this year and the fifth in the Minor Leagues in the last six days.

"I think that's the first time I've had five hits in a game as well," Sabourin said. "So that's an accomplishment, too. And I don't even think I've had a cycle in my life. ... It was an act of God."

Batting seventh and playing left, Sabourin finished with three RBIs and three runs scored. Through 63 games at Carolina this season, he's batting .298/.360/.400 with 26 RBIs. His success comes after struggling at the outset, when he hit .152/.189/.182 with three RBIs in 12 games at Double-A Akron. He signed with Cleveland as a non-drafted free agent on June 14, 2011.

He joins Michael Earley who was cut from the White Sox.

‏@SIMiners: Another new signing to announce. Welcome Jerrud Sabourin to Southern Illinois!... http://fb.me/7coxJo5yI 

The Southern Illinois Miners announce that they have signed first baseman Jerrud Sabourin for the 2015 season.

Sabourin comes to the Miners following four seasons in the Cleveland Indians organization, reaching Double-A Akron this past season. Much of his success has come at the Class A-Advanced level with the Carolina Mudcats in the Carolina League, where he hit a combined .275 with eight homers and 99 RBIs along with 42 doubles in 2013 and 2014, including a .295 average in 89 games this past season.

In 2013, Sabourin hit .260 with 23 doubles and 54 RBIs on his way to being named a Carolina League All-Star. In his four years as a pro combined, he has a .272 batting average with 82 doubles, five triples, 11 homers and 195 RBIs, while compiling an on-base percentage of .349. He has also shown a prowess on defense, with just 32 errors in 3,246 chances for a fielding percentage of .991.

@ProBallHoosiers: After a 5-year career (4 with @Indians organization, 1 in Indy ball), the all-time hit leader at #iubase is retiring. All the best, @J_Sabo. He had a .272 career batting average with 11 HR and 82 2Bs and made it as high as AA and was a 2013 Carolina League All-Star.