Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

2014 July Evaluation Period

The first of three eval periods this month starts today @ 5pm ET. Several events going on, but I haven't looked at many of them. Here's a few for now. Feel free to chime in if you catch anything. I'll try to look up some info on these events when I get a chance later.

Reebok Classic Breakout (Philly) July 8-11

LBJ Skills Academy (Las Vegas) July 9-12

Adidas Invitational (Indy) July 9-13

Adidas Unrivaled Camp (Chicago) July 9-13

Recruiting Dates

I'll be at the Reebok Classic Breakout.

IU Targets: Tyus Battle, PJ Dozier, Derrick Jones, Donavon Mitchell, Jared Reuter

Some others mentioned w IU in the past like Diamond Stone and co. but not sure we're making any sort of push on those guys.

These next few days should paint a clear picture of who the staff is putting their focus into. Always fun to keep an eye on the staff's whereabouts

[quote name="hoosierpap" post="73614" timestamp="1404946047"]Chuck Martin is here

KJ did lose a ton of weight.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote] Good for KJ. Even better news about Martin. Let's get Battle!

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

A few names i came across at the Adidas Unrivaled Camp in Chicago. I'm sure there's others.

Offers

TJ Leaf

Braxton Blackwell

Payton Pritchard

De'Ron Davis

Eron Gordon

Kyle Guy

Rawle Alkins

Hyron Edwards

Josh Sharma

Curtis Jones

Goanar Mar

Jody Demling @jdemling 
IU coach Tom Crean watching Trinity's Raymond Spalding here in Indy. Xavier, Butler, WKU also here and a lot of others.

Trevor Andershock @INBBallSource  
The Ville 39-34 at half over UA GRIND. Ray Spaulding with 22 points at the half.

Spalding (The Ville) vs Derrik Smits and KJ Walton (UA Grind).

I missed Battle today. I'm not sure if I'll be making it out tomorrow but we'll see.

I did get to see the others.

PJ Dozier- Has the size to be a big PG at the next level, and he is a PG. 6'5 at least. Very calm, collected. His game is very smooth. He beat his man off the dribble several times, finishing in traffic. Displayed a mid-range game that was pretty solid. Can't remember him attempting a 3 but I was watching 2 games at once so that could be off. Still seems to be favoring his knee, and had quite a knee brace but he was the best player on the floor. Coach Martin watched this game along with a ridiculous amount of High major programs fwiw.

Donovan Mitchell, Derrick Jones and Jared Reuter were all on the same team and in the same sub rotation. Coach Martin watched this one.

Donovan Mitchell- He was pretty impressive. Honestly, I was not too big on him seeing just film/highlights of him, but he changed that. He is built pretty well, very strong, very solid. His work ethic was unmatched in that game, at least, and he really plays defense. His on the ball defense was very sticky. Mitchell guarded the point guard most of his quarters and it really created a problem at times. His form isn't bad by any means. His athleticism is sneaky but it's there. I don't really remember that being a thing with him but it is there. 

Derrick Jones- Very athletic. Freaky athletic, frankly. He is very skinny though so bulking up will be important. His game was somewhat sloppy but it was one random AAU type event so who knows. Pretty smooth lefty jumper, missed all the 3's I saw him take but was solid from the mid-range. He didn't really defend but appears he probably could. I'd say let's hope we get that visit he is talking about.

Jared Reuter- Ehh he was everything I remember from him. He is definitely a big body, wide, sorta Pritchard like. Maybe that is a convenient comparison. Anyways, he drew an above average matchup against Elijah Thomas so that may not have helped. Reuter is very slow vertically. Thomas took Reuter off the dribble on several occasions. He boxed out well, but was rarely in great position for a rebound. Reuter got a couple of scrappy buckets that were good to see. He didn't attempt a jumper in-game but in warmups showed good form and hit several 16 footers. The downside, the shot is slow. Twitter thinks a lot more of him than I do.

Justin Simon was also on this team. Committed to Arizona and IU showed some interest right before he committed. He'll be a good one for Arizona, without a doubt.

I've seen Spalding with 22, 24, and 25 points in the first half. Regardless, it's time to go into full-on crooting mode with this cat.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Kind of interesting Crean is there. Spalding seems to be one they really want. People are saying RS became a UL lean with the offer. I saw Pitino and KJ today in Philly so...

Half-full, it makes an impact on RS that IU is making him a priority.

Half-empty, UL is feeling very good about there position there. 

Trevor Andershock @INBBallSource  
The Ville 39-34 at half over UA GRIND. Ray Spaulding with 22 points at the half.

Spalding (The Ville) vs Derrik Smits and KJ Walton (UA Grind).

Wow, he is lighting up Smits. Spalding has BURST out and will be climbing the charts. Too bad he is in UofL's pocket.

Wow, he is lighting up Smits. Spalding has BURST out and will be climbing the charts. Too bad he is in UofL's pocket.

Something tells me that Smits does not have the quickness to play at the high-major level.

When we don't pursue Smits, I'm gonna tear out what's left of my hair reading how "we should've taken a chance on the Indiana hs kid".