Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Parakeet Jones

Our five "big" non conference games

We have five quality non-conference opponents as it stands now: SMU, Pitt, Louisville, Butler, and Georgetown.  In my head I have been putting together a chart of how I would feel based on our record in those five games.  It goes something like this.

5-0 - ecstatic

4-1 - happy

3-2 - pleased

2-3 - ???? anywhere from meh to okay depending on how we played, who we lost to, and final scores

1-4 -  worried

0-5 pooping my pants

Obviously I want to win them all, but I'm trying to base this on reality.  This is my chart as of today.  As I've thought about this over the last few weeks, it seems to change from time to time.  

So, what would your chart look like?

Great thread!!!

Considering 2 are at home and 1 is against Butler.  I really want and think we should be 3-2 at worst.  If we are 2-3, things are not good, not good at all.

In my head, here are my chances of winning:

SMU-70% because we are home

Pitt-80% same reason, not as good as SMU

Butler-85% we are better

Louisville-20% they are better

G-Town- 50/50 toss up game!

SMU is going to be a top 10 team. Most likely, we won't be favored in that game. Not saying we can't win, but IMO it's not a game we should bank on winning or consider it a huge disappointment if we don't.

Great thread!!!

Considering 2 are at home and 1 is against Butler.  I really want and think we should be 3-2 at worst.  If we are 2-3, things are not good, not good at all.

In my head, here are my chances of winning:

SMU-70% because we are home
Pitt-80% same reason, not as good as SMU
Butler-85% we are better
Louisville-20% they are better
G-Town- 50/50 toss up game!

SMU is going to be a top 10 team. Most likely, we won't be favored in that game. Not saying we can't win, but IMO it's not a game we should bank on winning or consider it a huge disappointment if we don't.

Yeah, I realize they are very good. BUT home court advantage in college hoops is HUGE.

When I typed 70% for that game I was debating on 60%.

Neutral court we likely lose, road game, we probably get stomped. Home, slim favorites.... Maybe.

I hear what you're saying. We've definitely seen Assembly Hall rattle more then a few teams that weren't ready for it. Especially top freshmen and they'll have the ball in Mudiay (sp?) hands a good deal.

Yeah, I realize they are very good. BUT home court advantage in college hoops is HUGE.
When I typed 70% for that game I was debating on 60%.
Neutral court we likely lose, road game, we probably get stomped. Home, slim favorites.... Maybe.

[quote name="KelleyHoosh" post="73094" timestamp="1404440335"]I think we will beat Pitt and Butler. Georgetown is a toss up. Expecting a close loss to SMU and a pretty sizable loss to Louisville [/quote] I unfortunately have to agree with this. But, I'm very excited to see Yogi and Mudiay face off. I really don't know if Yogi can guard him. He's a very large PG.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

Maybe Yogi won't guard him.

I unfortunately have to agree with this. But, I'm very excited to see Yogi and Mudiay face off. I really don't know if Yogi can guard him. He's a very large PG. Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

[quote name="WayneHoosier" post="73103" timestamp="1404448245"]Players I am excited or nervous about watching....

Louisville: M. Harrell, Chris Jones, Shaq Aaron, Q. Snider, Onuaku

SMU: Mudiay, Nic Moore, Justin Martin

Pitt: ???

Georgetown: DSR, Copeland, Trawick

Butler: Dunham, Etherington, Roosevelt Jones[/quote] Harrell is the opponent I'm least excited to face. He's someone who could actually take advantage of our lack of front court players.

Glad to see we're not playing that one NY Orange team with that silly defense ;)<br /><br />I think we need a break from them.<br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Harrell is the opponent I'm least excited to face. He's someone who could actually take advantage of our lack of front court players.

He is a beast but he isn't a post player. He gets his off the offensive rebounds, or in transistion... Obviously he is probably working on his post play the most during this off season... but he is only 6'8" so I think DD will be able to body him up if he tries to play down low and Troy I think will be able to neutralize his athleticism....

UofL is going to be a tough game but I think we have a chance... besides the above, Chris Jones is fat and out of shape, even Pitino has made comments about that.

T Rozier is going to be the guy this year for them that I am interested to see how Yogi handles him....

I think we go 3-2 in these 5 games I just really hope Louisville is a W or at the very least SMU... would hate to lose those 2 and win the other 3...