Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Dalton26

Chris Lemonis to IU

@DustinDopirak: Since it's halftime, I'll sneak this in. Ball State's Rich Maloney was on campus today in regard to the IU baseball job.

@DustinDopirak: Been told Louisville's Chris Lemonis was also on campus last week. Believe those two are the front-runners at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yep, lets go hire an assistant from one of the teams we beat the crap out of the last few years!!!  Good thinking IU!!  ****

So because we beat them, Louisville isn't a successful program? Anyway, here is the Ball State coach:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_Maloney

By the way, Tracy Smith's career record is only 287-237, so let's not just jump on guys based on a quick look at Wikipedia.

Seriously.  Ball State?  Way to bring to solicit the big boys!  :scratchhead:

Its either going to be a HC from a small program, or an assistant from a bigger program.

[quote name="Napleshoosier" post="72887" timestamp="1404322446"]Why not a successful coach from a large successful program? We are a major division one University after all. Don't roll with mediocrity.[/quote] Because then there would be very little reason for them to leave.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

[quote name="jurkinonthecourt" post="72918" timestamp="1404328419"]Was thought to be a major potential target for the job.

@GoBEARCATS: #Bearcats announce contract extension for @UCincyBaseball HC Ty Neal (@lhpseeker) through the 2019 season.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.[/quote]

Well crap.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Why not a successful coach from a large successful program?  We are a major division one University after all.  Don't roll with mediocrity.

What SEC or PAC 12 coach is going to come here? We're a much more desirable job now, but the B1G was like the 10th rated conference this year. We're still fighting an uphill battle...its gonna take more than a two year run to change that (and we're gonna need some help from other B1G teams).

[quote name="RBB89" post="72947" timestamp="1404334185"]IU to hire Chris Lemonis:

[url="http://b1gbaseball.com/2014/07/02/indiana-baseball-names-louisville-chris-lemonis-as-next-head-coach/"]http://b1gbaseball.com/2014/07/02/indiana-baseball-names-louisville-chris-lemonis-as-next-head-coach/[/url]

Chris Webb has some good stuff at the link above and on his twitter account:

[url="https://twitter.com/ChrisMWebb"]https://twitter.com/ChrisMWebb[/url][/quote]

I would have preferred the Vandy asst but beggars can't be choosers. Time to fulfill the expectations that your predecessor left behind Chris.

Sent from the can using BtownBanners

I would have preferred the Vandy asst but beggars can't be choosers. Time to fulfill the expectations that your predecessor left behind Chris.

I think the Vandy and UofL assistants were my favorites. Lemonis is supposed to be a GREAT recruiter.

The Vandy guy is who I was really wanting.

Why not a successful coach from a large successful program?  We are a major division one University after all.  Don't roll with mediocrity.

It's too bad you aren't our AD. Then we'd get top-notch coaches in every sport and pay them make-believe money to keep them here forever. 

It's too bad you aren't our AD. Then we'd get top-notch coaches in every sport and pay them make-believe money to keep them here forever.

<br /><br />Kind of a Purdue post, I think.<br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app