Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
KelleyHoosh

2015 Basketball Recruiting Class

I'm just quoting exactly what Crean said, and this fan base ate it up.  Now that he's developed his love affair with kids that can jump from the DMV people change their tune.

If you're going to take every motivational quote from ANY coach as fodder for criticism when the sound bite isn't realized...

you'll be forever disappointed.

If you're going to take every motivational quote from ANY coach as fodder for criticism when the sound bite isn't realized...

you'll be forever disappointed.

It's not just me.  People ate up some of the things he said in the Dakich podcast, and ignored that he also said Derek Elston could've played in the NBA if he was healthy.

Don't jump on me just because I'm willing to take a critical look at the program.  I know, that doesn't fit with what so many on here want; which seems to be a fan base of people that will only look at a few bright points and pretend the rest doesn't exist.

[quote name="JSHoosier" post="72730" timestamp="1404247782"]It's not just me. People ate up some of the things he said in the Dakich podcast, and ignored that he also said Derek Elston could've played in the NBA if he was healthy.

Don't jump on me just because I'm willing to take a critical look at the program. I know, that doesn't fit with what so many on here want; which seems to be a fan base of people that will only look at a few bright points and pretend the rest doesn't exist.[/quote] Define "ate up". So some people appreciated certain things he said. Why rain on everyone's parade? You keep looking to the past when the rest of us are moving on and looking forward. Many of us are also extremely critical of Crean DURING the season when he messes up. The offseason is for optimism.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

I'm glad he's able to move on from something he said 6 years ago when he's sees success elsewhere.

Some people say the want kids from the DMV, no one criticizes it.  Me, I want the kids from Indiana.  Why?  This state produces as much talent per capita as anyone, and with our location we can go after that talent and never step foot in an airport.  I've never said Indiana should be our only recruiting grounds, but I do believe it should be our primary focus because of the amount of talent that we are in close proximity too.

Define "ate up". So some people appreciated certain things he said. Why rain on everyone's parade? You keep looking to the past when the rest of us are moving on and looking forward. Many of us are also extremely critical of Crean DURING the season when he messes up. The offseason is for optimism.

It doesn't make a bit of difference if our posts are optimistic or not.  We're just fans on a message board.  This place is starting to sound a lot like the 247 boards, any time someone is the least bit critical everyone gets all worked up.

I look at the future, and it doesn't look that good to me.  Our interior is a sinkhole big enough to swallow a bus, and people are seemingly counting on Troy and Stan to look like Vic did as a junior.  I see the team is just as young as it was last year, because there is no class balance.

If we can hang banners and get W's without any Indiana kids, so be it. Sure, it gives us all a nice warm feeling when we land studs with the likes of Zeller, and JBJ. But overall, we can take pride in other teams that have an abundance of Indiana natives. Such as UK, Michigan State and Wisconsin. Just let the little things slide and say, "No wonder this kid is so good, he's a Hoosier born and raised!"<br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="JSHoosier" post="72733" timestamp="1404248508"]It doesn't make a bit of difference if our posts are optimistic or not. We're just fans on a message board. This place is starting to sound a lot like the 247 boards, any time someone is the least bit critical everyone gets all worked up.

I look at the future, and it doesn't look that good to me. Our interior is a sinkhole big enough to swallow a bus, and people are seemingly counting on Troy and Stan to look like Vic did as a junior. I see the team is just as young as it was last year, because there is no class balance.[/quote] It just gets really old when you repeat yourself in every thread. But we're never going to agree.

[quote name="hoosierpap" post="72805" timestamp="1404261747"]JS I think your points are valid, but you do bring them up in every single thread you can. I have zero problem with it, but I can also see others annoyance with it.

On a positive note, I have some positive feedback on your main man :)[/quote] Let's hear that insider info pap!

Again, the Coleman stuff is not groundbreaking but I thought I needed to share that as I've been beating JS over the head for the past year w the idea that he isn't coming to IU. Thought that needed rectified a bit as it was off-base.

Alright Spalding is gone. And now that we've seen a lot of the July recruiting period, who are our realistic commits?

It's sort of strange you brought this up. CCG and I were just talking yesterday about wrapping things up in this thread after this eval week since so much has changed since we last discussed it as a whole. I'll probably get around to posting my thoughts on the 15 class tonight, but I'd like to hear what everyone else is thinking as well...

[quote name="Parakeet Jones" post="74870" timestamp="1405894095"]I asked this question in the July thread, but I will ask it again here since it's probably more appropriate here. Is the Morgan & Milton combo still a possibility? [/quote] I hope so. They looked really good playing together. Very aware of where the other is at all times.

Is Thomas Bryant a pipe dream? Must be a glimmer of a chance.

I think it's a 3 man class. Donovan Mitchell appears to be priority as a guard. Louisville is hot on him too, as are many after he blew the top off this week. After DM, I think priority is Whitt, Shake, Coleman, Bryant, Willuams.

As for bigs, we list our #1 target, next priority appears to be Thon, then Morgan. New offers to Bryant and Marshall. Swanigan says not much contact. Nothing with Zimmerman, Stone.

Seems like we need 1 guard and 2 bigs but.....

To everyone saying Crean has lost his touch with recruiting,

Why do think a good recruiter suddenly can't get anyone to commit? Is it maybe because their were and are rumors of his buyout printed in the national news? Or maybe because we lost our head recruiter? Or that we completely missed all the tournaments this past year?

That sounds like a program that I may not want to be a part of until it's situation stabilized. I'm not trying to argue about his coaching ability, just stating that the rumors and coaching changes are not doing anything to help Crean recruiting the 2015 class. Many recruits have been quoted as saying that they have very strong relationships with Crean. I think it's a little bit of an over reaction to say Crean has lost his touch.