Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2016) C Austin Davis to Michigan

Visited yesterday. Not much video out there..

Alex Bozich @insidethehall  ·  10h
Austin Davis, a class of 2016 post player from Onsted (Mi.), took an unofficial visit to Indiana today. #iubb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7kjRJjsNxI

Visited yesterday. Not much video out there.. Alex Bozich @insidethehall · 10h Austin Davis, a class of 2016 post player from Onsted (Mi.), took an unofficial visit to Indiana today. #iubb
Zeesh. Very little explosiveness. He's gonna need to cut some weight and work on that vertical. His shooting looked nice, but for some reason it also looked like the video looped the same shot a few different times. Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

Zeesh. Very little explosiveness. He's gonna need to cut some weight and work on that vertical. His shooting looked nice, but for some reason it also looked like the looped the same shot a few different times.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

I was thinking the same thing. His footwork in and around the basket is slow and borderline awkward. When I watch someone running drills, I like to see them run at game speed. I would have liked to see him in some game video to see him defend. He did have a nice perimeter shot,but I think we would need a player like him camped down low and battle. Not to write him off, but I need to see more to get enthused about his recruitment.

Austin Davis, a 6-foot-10, 240 pound center from Onsted, got his first look at the Indiana program along with his parents and coach, Brad Maska.

“We were blown away. It was very impressive. The whole college package (is there) with Indiana,” Maska told Inside the Hall. “Obviously with the tradition in basketball, that speaks for itself. The beauty of the campus itself was amazing, the dedication to academics that they showed right from the start was very impressive, the strength and conditioning, it was just a great opportunity.

“I know Austin and both of his parents were very impressed with everything. The coaches were great, it was a family atmosphere.”

As a sophomore at Onsted, Davis averaged 21.6 points, 15 rebounds and three blocks per game. He was named first team all-state by the basketball coaches of Michigan and The Detroit Free Press. At just 15 years old with a 7-foot wingspan, Davis has grown six inches since his eighth grade year and it’s often a challenge for big men to continue making adjustments while growing rapidly.