Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
HoosierCoop

Eron Gordon article - Indy Star - :(

I've been getting this vibe all summer from reading what's going on. He had a bad season last year, but he is truly talented and his NBA100 camp proves that.

With last year going the way it did, no way Evan left happy. Evan said nice things in his graduation interviews though. Good man, good family.

2016 appears absolutely loaded with talent. I am not going to be doom and gloom YET.

And so it continues :(

If we lose out on all that talent in 2016 because we kept Crean around for too long, there are going to be an awful lot of pissed off Hoosier fans. Get it together Crean! Matta, Izzo. Pitino and Calipari are eating your lunch!

The quotes to me sound like he was unfairly written off by schools because of his family's history with IU, and he wants to experience the fun and excitement of recruiting which is something he absolutely deserves. Makes perfect sense to me.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

Dude, I wasn't kidding the first 4 times. WE GET IT. You would find a way to bash Crean if he saved 9 orphans from a fire or invented the cure for herpes. It's old. There's a difference between being critical and being completely predictable. 

And some would excuse him if he burned down an orphanage on Christmas Eve.

As he has previously, Gordon denied that he is a lock to follow in his brothers' footsteps and play for the Hoosiers, who offered him a scholarship as an eighth-grader.

"I feel like I got held back from a lot of recruiting," Gordon said. "A lot of schools felt I gave into IU a lot, so I'm hoping for different schools to see more of me."

Sounds a lot like the JB2 situation.  and we ended up landing him...   2016 is still some years out though, and the next 2 seasons will mean a whole lot for whether or not Eron will come to play in the stripes (same for a lot of other recruits for 16').  I'd say our chances are still pretty high for getting him, but our squad now has got to prove that this is a place to win and develop talent.

And some would excuse him if he burned down an orphanage on Christmas Eve.

Exactly. He made a comment that related to recruiting and we have had many wiffs recently. Plus no commits looking to the future. Stating the obvious and your opinion will not get you many friends on here lately. What else is supposed to be discussed on a recruiting thread? How great it will be seeing him in the candy stripes when it appears that may not be happening.

Exactly. He made a comment that related to recruiting and we have had many wiffs recently. Plus no commits looking to the future. Stating the obvious and your opinion will not get you many friends on here lately. What else is supposed to be discussed on a recruiting thread? How great it will be seeing him in the candy stripes when it appears that may not be happening.

Instead of latching on to every thread that allows you to repeatedly re-state your perception that the Indiana program sucks...

How about discussing:

Eron Gordon's attributes and development as a player

How he would fit in as a position player with our perceived needs

His character

His criteria for his choice of program

and, yes...

How great it would be to see him in candy stripes.

Just because you agree with the opinion that doesn't mean it is obvious and correct. I've been critical of Crean, but some of you guys are reading so damn much into so little. 

Honestly I hate all the coverage that recruiting gets now a days because of now fans have so much access they want to over analyze everything. 

Of course I do love all the stuff that CCGeneral and HoosierPap do. But some of the fans need to chill the heck out with it. 

Just because you agree with the opinion that doesn't mean it is obvious and correct. I've been critical of Crean, but some of you guys are reading so damn much into so little.

Honestly I hate all the coverage that recruiting gets now a days because of now fans have so much access they want to over analyze everything.

Of course I do love all the stuff that CCGeneral and HoosierPap do. But some of the fans need to chill the heck out with it.

What's obvious and correct is that the program is in the ditch. On the court and recruiting wise

. We just had a terrible season and next season is smelling like the same thing. We are just hoping to make the NIT or NCAA next season somehow. We are going to have to change our entire way of playing basketball because Crean couldnt recruit any bigs and the ones he did, he wasted anyway.

Recruiting is going the same. Crean cant get anybody in the 2015 class or a senior transfer to join the program and the last two commits, nobody else wanted.

Honestly, what the fvck else do you want us to talk about? This is what's going on with Indiana basketball basketball right now. The football program has more momentum and upside lately.

What's obvious and correct is that the program is in the ditch. On the court and recruiting wise

. We just had a terrible season and next season is smelling like the same thing. We are just hoping to make the NIT or NCAA next season somehow. We are going to have to change our entire way of playing basketball because Crean couldnt recruit any bigs and the ones he did, he wasted anyway.

Recruiting is going the same. Crean cant get anybody in the 2015 class or a senior transfer to join the program and the last two commits, nobody else wanted.

Honestly, what the **** else do you want us to talk about? This is what's going on with Indiana basketball basketball right now. The football program has more momentum and upside lately.

Neat. Check in when the end of season is over. If we have a repeat of last season I've already said I'm fine with seriously looking elsewhere for the future of the program's coach. 

It is tiring reading the exact same post from you and a few other posters that is literally slamming on the panic button on a daily basis. Not even going to get into the whole opinion vs. fact debate because it stops being worth it after a while. 

I agree with the Hoosier Cowboy, about CTC and his recruiting. This team is in a Ditch and wont get out of it till CTC is gone. All I hear is how great of a recruiter he is. He aint got any big names coming in. JBJ made his mind up that he wanted to play where his heart is INDIANA and I say thats the way it should be. If Eron Gordon wants to play for another school, I say go to it. The tradition of Indiana Basketball was that kids wanted to play for IU. Now a days you have to beg them or in some cases pay them-Kentucky. Last but not least CTC needs to go and he knows it. Tell me I am bashing him, well your right because I have had enough of him, $3.2 million enough!

I'm not sure what some of you get from telling us something we already know. We did not do well last year and when it counted we came up short the year before. I'm a supporter of Coach Crean and I get the team will need to do better next year.

I've been a fan since 74, so I'm not sure it makes me an expert, but I hope it gives me the right to say please give it a rest.

Let the coach and team figure it out this year.... If they fall short, we can start the process all over. I'm guessing I'll be on the other side of the fence,

RLTW!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners