Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2016) SG Rawle Alkins to Arizona

rogers was a helluva second baseman for tracy smith.  349 career avg.  captain on the 09-10 conf championship and ncaa tournament team.  hope he's still involved in some way with iubase.

give me goodin, two of gordon/wright/alkins, blackwell and davis in 16.  blackwell is on top of my wish list.  certainly need a pg and big man.

not sure what to think of the mock espn magazine cover.  using nationally televised games for exposure in your recruiting pitch is one thing...this is on another level, imo.  of course you have to relate to the kid.  wouldve much preferred to see an assembly hall shot -- maybe a jbj/yogi & alkins side-by-side hyping the crowd photo, if rules dont prohibit that.  using the clout of espn, si, etc in recruiting collateral seems played out, inauthentic, corny, too easy.  idk, not that i'm disgusted with it.  far from the first time i've seen something similar so clearly it's the way the game's played now.  alkins certainly didnt think it was corny.

Shout out from Rawle!

https://twitter.com/Iam_RawleAlkins/status/544712500508655617

User Actions
 Following
YtLTNUQH_bigger.jpegRawle Alkins@Iam_RawleAlkins

Aww man this is just to dope, Indiana sent me this today in the mail 1f640.png1f640.png#Indianafanswassup?

Wait, he's the player of the year and the magazine is set a year before his first season? Who copy-edits this stuff?

It should be either set in 2017 and photoshop him into an IU jersey or it should be set in 2016 and the headline should be "Rawle Alkins - Consensus Favorite for Player of The Year" because these hypothetical ESPN mag authors haven't even see him play a college game yet. 

Simply put, the graphic is just cool to have.  More than anything, I think it's something that Rawle would keep somewhere in his room or have put up on the wall or something...  just a good way to get Indiana into his personal space and keep him thinking about the Hoosiers.  As a recruiter, I imagine you wouldn't want your only reminder of your program to Rawle being letters sent to his Highschool basketball coach. 

We watched again last night. :good:

http://zagsblog.com/recruiting/kentucky-staying-involved-with-rawle-alkins/

Villanova and Indiana watched on Tuesday as Alkins went for 26 points, 8 rebounds, 5 blocks, 5 assists and 4 steals in a 74-57 win over All Hallows.

Indiana head coach Tom Crean was also in to see Alkins last week before the Hoosiers played in the Jimmy V Classic.

We watched again last night. :good:

http://zagsblog.com/recruiting/kentucky-staying-involved-with-rawle-alkins/

Villanova and Indiana watched on Tuesday as Alkins went for 26 points, 8 rebounds, 5 blocks, 5 assists and 4 steals in a 74-57 win over All Hallows.

Indiana head coach Tom Crean was also in to see Alkins last week before the Hoosiers played in the Jimmy V Classic.

now that is stuffing the stat sheet!

Wait, he's the player of the year and the magazine is set a year before his first season? Who copy-edits this stuff?

It should be either set in 2017 and photoshop him into an IU jersey or it should be set in 2016 and the headline should be "Rawle Alkins - Consensus Favorite for Player of The Year" because these hypothetical ESPN mag authors haven't even see him play a college game yet. 

Not its supposed to be that he was the high school player of the year as an IU commit. I think thats the sentiment they were trying to convey. But I agree it would've looked better having him photoshopped into an IU jersey as the preseason freshman of the year in 2016. But now thats give IU the chance to still send one like that!

I didn't like how he started out with UK on the recruiting paragraph and then threw IU in at the end. But everything he talks about wanting is what IU can give him. He plays up tempo, wants a coach to give him the truth, wants a family and fan base and IU has all of that and then some.

http://www.givengobasketball.com/successful-thus-far

I hope that link works. If not he tweeted it out. This is a link to a blog he wrote for GiveNGo and has insight to his recruitment and how he is developing as a player. Thought it was interesting to see him write all of this out.

Very well written young man. I hate to see that pUKE has jumped back in. Hope Oladipo stays in his ear.