Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2016) SG Rawle Alkins to Arizona

http://ukrecruiting.bloginky.com/2015/10/19/five-star-recruit-to-visit-unc-didnt-make-it-to-uk/

They waited till last minute to get back to him then told him they wanted to focus on a smaller group.

If he was a 2017 recruit maybe they are still interested. But no way you say no to a 2016 recruit you want.

They are saying "word out of UK is they wanted to go with a smaller group". Very different than "Rawle says he was told they wanted to go with a smaller group and was not invited." Do you actually believe UK used those words to him? Typically an official is scheduled far in advance. They could easily have told him that when they called him back. They are UK after all and do control recruiting. Not the other way around.

They are saying "word out of UK is they wanted to go with a smaller group". Very different than "Rawle says he was told they wanted to go with a smaller group and was not invited." Do you actually believe UK used those words to him? Typically an official is scheduled far in advance. They could easily have told him that when they called him back. They are UK after all and do control recruiting. Not the other way around.

They didn't use those words but that's essentially what you are saying when the kids wants to come for an official and you say you would rather talk to other recruits

They didn't use those words but that's essentially what you are saying when the kids wants to come for an official and you say you would rather talk to other recruits

Ok, but you are implying that is what they told him.  Obviously they didn't tell him that or he wouldn't be interested in them.  He is very interested in them.  For an OV a player gives a coach longer than a few days.  Especially a school like UK on the week of BBM.  That whole process is very mapped out.  All Calipari had to say is that doesn't give us the most time to give you the experience we want to.  Not that unfathomable.  Very different than we don't want you to come.  Because that obviously isn't the case. 

Mdn, what you laid out above is likely how they handled it. However, the implication both perceived and actual is he is their back up plan.

Must be nice having him as a back up plan.

I don't think that was implied at all. Like Mdn said these things are usually set up weeks in advance not the week of and it seems likely he understood that. If he thought he was their backup plan I doubt he'd be as interested in UK as he is.

Mdn, what you laid out above is likely how they handled it. However, the implication both perceived and actual is he is their back up plan.

Must be nice having him as a back up plan.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, this could be used by Calipari on the players that were there that night.  It probably was.  "Hey just so you know, I wanted you guys here.  A top 10 kid in America wanted to be here, and you guys are here."  IMO, he has his top tier players he wants to get committed first.  Then he has his 2nd tier guys.  I don't think its backups as much as he doesn't want the top tier guys feeling like they are competing with someone else.  The 2nd tier guys he wants for sure, but he is going to make sure he gets those top tier guys.  Like you said, it is great to have that option.  How Calipari has been over the years, I doubt he slighted Rawle in any way.  He probably justified his process so Rawle was cool with it.  Then he used Rawle not coming to his advantage with the guys there.  He is a slimeball, but a smart one when it comes to recruiting. 

I don't think that was implied at all. Like Mdn said these things are usually set up weeks in advance not the week of and it seems likely he understood that. If he thought he was their backup plan I doubt he'd be as interested in UK as he is.

most players would be fine being UKs second choice. UK is THAT desirable right now. This is the sad truth. But yes it's implied when a team doesn't go out of its way to make time for you.

most players would be fine being UKs second choice. UK is THAT desirable right now. This is the sad truth. But yes it's implied when a team doesn't go out of its way to make time for you.

I agree that they are really desirable but we'll have to agree to disagree on the rest.

Probably good news that Rawle is waiting til spring to commit as we aren't getting mentioned right now. Let schools like NC and Louisville drop out due to sanctions (maybe?) and no room at UK and maybe we can sneak in at the end if JBJ leaves. Still an uphill battle at that point as NC St and St Johns seem to be sitting in good position.

Not sure it got posted but Rawle posted a congrats to Davis yesterday. My guess is Rawle is interested in us if and only if JBJ goes pro. Hopefully we make it to where we either have JBJ or Rawle next year

maybe, maybe not. I think if we get Rawle. We Start Rob, James, Rawle, best 4, TB. All three guards handle the ball. Not positive Bruce Brown would start though unless Blackmon leaves but Rawle starts regardless.

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/the-rawle-alkins-blog-uncs-mj-comparisons-new-earring-psat-and-more-rawle-alkins-word-of-god

Note that he's waiting until the spring to see what players and coaches are there. While he would never say that's about any one team, that describes IU perfectly. I think since IU was in on his recruitment early along with many other factors, that we have been and continue to be his first choice. Can't wait to see him make his official visit.

The way he talked about wanting to say he could go anywhere, (he mentioned this last year), was just him feeding his ego. "I could have gone to Kansas, UK, UNC, IU, anywhere." type of thing.

We were in very early and I think that matters. It certainly did with De'Ron Davis.