Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Tre Roberson - Chicago Bears

EDIT: 6/13/14 - ‏@tre5_roberson  2h
Im excited about this chapter and wil be attending illinois state

Indiana head football coach Kevin Wilson announced on Wednesday afternoon that junior quarterback Tre Roberson will not return to the Hoosiers program in 2014, planning to transfer.

"We appreciate and thank Tre for his contributions to our football program both on and off the field," Wilson said. "He is an outstanding player and a great young man. We wish him well as he moves forward with his career."

"I want to thank the coaching staff, my teammates and Indiana University for all of their support over the last three years," Roberson said. "My time in Bloomington will always hold a special place in my heart. I wish everyone at IU all the best as I move on to the next chapter in my life."

Roberson became the first Indiana true freshman to start at quarterback in 2011. He started five games, played in nine overall, threw for 937 yards and rushed for 426 yards.

After suffering a broken leg in the second game of 2012, Roberson bounced back with four starts and 12 appearances last season. He completed 83-of-138 (60.1 percent) for 1,128 yards with 15 touchdowns, four interceptions and a 158.9 pass efficiency rating. Roberson added 423 rushing yards on 85 attempts (5.0 average) with five TDs. 

I figured he'd be the starter to begin the season, but looks like Sudfeld will be able to thrive knowing that he is the one and only QB. Bad news here is that a true freshman is essentially the 2nd string guy.

A blessing in disguise. Hate to see Tre go, but now Sudfeld doesn't have to worry about being taken out  at a random time in a game. Sudfeld will probably lead the B1G in passing now.

Nate should be worried about how to read a freaking zone defense

So CBS Sports says he'll have one year of eligibility left, but when he got hurt he took a MEDICAL redshirt. Couldn't he take a normal redshirt next year and have two years left?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Don't see this as too big of a problem. Of course it takes away the threat of a pass and run but it will definitely help, I think, at a mental stand point. Nate knows now that he can make some mistakes without knowing he'll be pulled (not saying I want him to make mistakes).
As for second string situation, Zander Diamont will most likely take that role. He is a true freshman but a very talented player. If something were to happen to Nate during the season, I'd be confident handing the torch over to him. .

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

So CBS Sports says he'll have one year of eligibility left, but when he got hurt he took a MEDICAL redshirt. Couldn't he take a normal redshirt next year and have two years left?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

No.  You have 5 years to play 4, you can only redshirt once.  Occasionally you can petition the NCAA for a 6th year but that doesn't happen often IIRC.

No.  You have 5 years to play 4, you can only redshirt once.  Occasionally you can petition the NCAA for a 6th year but that doesn't happen often IIRC.

I petitioned and got a 6th year after using a normal redshirt and a medical redshirt. I was going to walk-on onto the IU track team while pursuing my Masters degree but decided not to when they overhauled the track team coaching staff. I'm not sure how often it happens though.

I remember being at Spring Game 2 yrs ago and hearing several people pretty excited about Nate Boudreau. I haven't heard much about him since. Anyone know if he (or Max Matthews) is an option?<br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app