Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
All_Hoosiers

MLB Draft

[quote name="All_Hoosiers" post="69431" timestamp="1402027151"]Sam Travis goes to Boston at 67th overall. Congrats to both Hoosiers selected tonight.[/quote]

Wonder if their is any shot Sam comes back given that he was projected to go higher than what he did .

[quote name="BlueDevil2aHoosier" post="69435" timestamp="1402054423"]Wonder if their is any shot Sam comes back given that he was projected to go higher than what he did .[/quote]

That would be great for next season.

Sent from my DROID4 using BtownBanners mobile app

I am a reds fan but the cubs have one of the best farm system in baseball. Watch out for the love able loser in 2 to 3 year, they are going to be good. I hope kyle stays as a catcher he will get there a lot quicker

I am a reds fan but the cubs have one of the best farm system in baseball. Watch out for the love able loser in 2 to 3 year, they are going to be good. I hope kyle stays as a catcher he will get there a lot quicker

People have been saying this about the Kansas City Royals for years. Some baseball media outlet even said they had the best farm system of the decade a few years ago. Having a good system doesn't mean jack. 

People have been saying this about the Kansas City Royals for years. Some baseball media outlet even said they had the best farm system of the decade a few years ago. Having a good system doesn't mean jack. 

Get it right. It was THE BEST FARM SYSTEM EVER!!!!!!!!!

My Royals just have an amazing ability to completely screw up the swings of power hitters. I'm guessing the Cubs won't have the same player development issues as the Royals. As the Cubs also have a competent GM and money, they should have a much easier time filling in the holes that the farm system isn't able to.

If the Cubbies current farm system can produce the same amount of talent as the Royals has since that announcement, they'll be in great shape. Any team in baseball would kill to have that collection of young talent. It takes a Royal level of incompetency to screw it up and even then the major league team is in the best shape it's been since the strike two decades ago.

So, anyone, congrats to Kyle. It sounds like he's landed in a great situation. And, congrats to Sam too.

People have said that about the Cubs at various points for years. The Cardinals have a great farm system too, but they effectively sign free agents and actually develop players as well.

[quote name="RBB89" post="69471" timestamp="1402070367"]People have said that about the Cubs at various points for years. The Cardinals have a great farm system too, but they effectively sign free agents and actually develop players as well.[/quote]

Cardinals farm system is incredible. Yadi, Pujols, Miller, Adams, Tavares, Wong, Carpenter, etc. Their is a reason a Cubs official, maybe Theo, said they want to mirror the Cards farm system.

Sent from my DROID4 using BtownBanners mobile app

[quote name="RBB89" post="69471" timestamp="1402070367"]People have said that about the Cubs at various points for years. The Cardinals have a great farm system too, but they effectively sign free agents and actually develop players as well.[/quote]

The Cubs never had Theo Epstein.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Josh Ockimey, an Indiana commit, was drafted by the Boston Red Sox in the fifth round. He was likely going to take the starting first base job, but now it's uncertain if he will make it to IU.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

[quote name="djsalway" post="69485" timestamp="1402078860"]Pujols was not a part of the Cardinals' farm system. He came up through the Blue Jays.[/quote]

Not sure where you got that info but he was definitely a Cardinal from the beginning. Drafted in 13th round in 99 by them and was called up in 01.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Not sure where you got that info but he was definitely a Cardinal from the beginning. Drafted in 13th round in 99 by them and was called up in 01.<br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

You are correct. I must be thinking of someone else, but that someone else is escaping my mind now. Haha my bad guys.

You are correct. I must be thinking of someone else, but that someone else is escaping my mind now. Haha my bad guys.

You're probably thinking of Chris Carpenter. He started with the Jays then became a star with the Cards.

I know I am a little late to the party but gee dangit I am excited that the cubs took Schwarber. I hope he can stay at catcher, what a weapon he would be.

@IUBaseballNews: The @Yankees selected @WakeN_Jake in the 22nd round of the MLB Draft. #iubase [url="http://t.co/gJme1u25og"]http://t.co/gJme1u25og[/url] Jake Kelzer Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Signee Logan Sowers was drafted in the 31st round. He'll definitely be coming to Bloomington though which is probably why he lasted so long.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

[quote name="All_Hoosiers" post="69559" timestamp="1402181492"]Signee Logan Sowers was drafted in the 31st round. He'll definitely be coming to Bloomington though which is probably why he lasted so long.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app[/quote]

He's a nice player got to see him play in sectionals