Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
All_Hoosiers

MLB Draft

Thanks JS.  What is the next stop on his path?

After short season A, the next stop would be A ball with Kane County.  High A is Daytona, AA is Tennessee and AAA is Iowa.  He's a college bat so they could move him more quickly, even my Yankees (who tend to move prospects slowly) will have two of last year's picks at High A in the next week or so because they were college players.

College players are more developed so if Schwarber plays well he could be High A by the second half of next season if the Cubs want to be aggressive with him.  He'd be a little young for the league (average High A age is about 23, Kyle would be 22) and he'd only spend about half a year in Low A before the promotion.

[quote name="JSHoosier" post="70442" timestamp="1402784441"]After short season A, the next stop would be A ball with Kane County. High A is Daytona, AA is Tennessee and AAA is Iowa. He's a college bat so they could move him more quickly, even my Yankees (who tend to move prospects slowly) will have two of last year's picks at High A in the next week or so because they were college players.

College players are more developed so if Schwarber plays well he could be High A by the second half of next season if the Cubs want to be aggressive with him. He'd be a little young for the league (average High A age is about 23, Kyle would be 22) and he'd only spend about half a year in Low A before the promotion.[/quote]

I have a wicked Kane County Cougars flourescent yellow baseball hat from the 80's. Has a manwich logo on it. I get ALL the ladies when I wear it.

I also sat by Samardzija's parents at a Daytona Cubs game in which he pitched while we were on vacation a few years back.

I don't have anything cool about AA or AAA.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners