Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
All_Hoosiers

MLB Draft

I haven't found a topic on the MLB Draft, so I thought I'd put some information on Hoosiers in the draft right here.

The draft begins tonight with rounds one through three, and will continue into Saturday.

Not surprisingly, Kyle Schwarber headlines the list of Hoosiers that will be drafted this weekend. The catcher has mainly been attached to the Cubs (No. 4), the Rockies (No. 8), and the Padres (No. 13). Sports Illustrated has him going as low as 27th overall to the Cardinals, but I personally doubt he lasts that long. I've also seen the Angels mentioned at 15th overall. No matter where he goes, he will be drafted in the opening round. 

Multiple Hoosiers will also get drafted early in the 40 round process as well. The mock drafts are only looking at the first round, but ESPN's Keith Law apparently heard them linked to Sam Travis. Chris Webb tweeted, "Building on what Keith Law stated in latest mock, Sam Travis is in play for Boston at 26, among a group of 5 at top of board. Keeps rising." RiverAveBlues.com describes Travis as "a righty hitter with some power and crazy good plate discipline." http://riveraveblues.com/2014/06/draft-links-mock-drafts-travis-oliver-stout-104389/

Other Hoosiers in Baseball America's Top 500:

3B Dustin DeMuth (240)

RHP Jake Selzer (486)

Indiana commit Logan Sowers (OF) is also in Baseball America's Top 500, coming in at 312. Sowers will probably still come to Bloomington. Most, if not all, Indiana baseball recruits should come to Btown.

In MLB Network's coverage thus far, John Hart and the Baseball America guys have been glowing in their opinion of Schwarber; all of them have called Schwarber the "best college hitter". Since the picks are only 5 min. apart in the 1st round at least, maybe we can see Schwarber and Travis drafted tonight.

The Chicago Cubs selected Kyle Schwarber, making him the highest Hoosier ever selected in the Draft. He's been described as possibly the best power bat in the draft. Great accomplishment for a great player.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

With the Cubs drafting Schwarber it basically guarantees that he will never win a World Series.

Check my stats using BtownBanners

Now give Schwarber a chance. He's only tied to the Cubs for 6 years.

Now give Schwarber a chance. He's only tied to the Cubs for 6 years.

Except if he's any good they'll try to extend him before him a couple years before he hits free agency, and he'll be stuck with a team that has about as much of a chance at a World Series as the Chicago Bears.