Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2015) SG Shake Milton to SMU

Yogi isn't going anywhere. Even if he graduates early he would most likely go to grad school at IU and have his eligibility. 

Even if he gets a good prediction in the draft? He's small so he'll need to strike when his iron is hottest and not expect to be a lottery pick. Early second round would be awesome for him. If he has an outstanding year the worst thing he could do is just stay like Wat did.  

Even if he gets a good prediction in the draft? He's small so he'll need to strike when his iron is hottest and not expect to be a lottery pick. Early second round would be awesome for him. If he has an outstanding year the worst thing he could do is just stay like Wat did.

if he left because he had a preditiom of going early 2nd round that would be crazy and not smart on his part. No contract in the second round is guaranteed. He would be smarter to stay because we will be a better team and he will look better as the point guard of a great team instead of a great individual

My question is what is the difference between Shake and Rob Johnson?
Seems like they are basically the same player with Rob being a better shooter and player overall. Im not trying to put down Shake or his game, just honestly curious

My question is what is the difference between Shake and Rob Johnson?
Seems like they are basically the same player with Rob being a better shooter and player overall. Im not trying to put down Shake or his game, just honestly curious

Rob is more of a 2. Shake is more of a true point from what I've gathered.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Rob is more of a 2. Shake is more of a true point from what I've gathered.

Thanks. I think Rob will handle a lot of point duties this year as a backup to Yogi. I could even see JBJ handling the ball a lot for this team. I'm not against them signing Shake, but I am not pushing for us to sign him. I welcome any talented player that wants to come aboard. 

Thanks. I think Rob will handle a lot of point duties this year as a backup to Yogi. I could even see JBJ handling the ball a lot for this team. I'm not against them signing Shake, but I am not pushing for us to sign him. I welcome any talented player that wants to come aboard.

Looks like JB will handle more of the point duties than Rob from the looks of things in Canada. I think either one of them will do fine to give Yogi a few minutes here and there though.

if he left because he had a preditiom of going early 2nd round that would be crazy and not smart on his part. No contract in the second round is guaranteed. He would be smarter to stay because we will be a better team and he will look better as the point guard of a great team instead of a great individual

If he has his degree it'd be smarter to take the chance on the NBA.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Lots of ifs. I just don;t see a under 6 ft point guard declaring early for the NBA because he has a chance of being a 2nd round pick. Might as well stay for another year where that second round option would stay. Yogi has only gotten better each year. I understand what you are trying to say cause someone like Watford killed his chances by coming back, but this is a different scenario all today. 

Can someone fill me in on Morgan and Milton being a package deal? Was this speculation or have they made it well known? If Morgan is announcing Wednesday and Milton isn't visiting for a month it would seem that may not be the case. 

Too much unknown to decide. There are 6 tiers of a draft. At least that is how I look at it. Lottery, mid 1st, late first, and early, mid and late 2nd round.

Each bump up a tier helps the players chance to actually make a team and stay. Staying power is huge, because once you are bumped it is very hard to get back again.

If staying a year takes him from early 2nd to late 1st, it is worth it in my mind.

Second and contrary thought is Seniors get artificially knocked because their perceived growth of potential is less. Almost an anti Senior bias in the NBA draft which seems unfair and illogical, but it exists.

Can someone fill me in on Morgan and Milton being a package deal? Was this speculation or have they made it well known? If Morgan is announcing Wednesday and Milton isn't visiting for a month it would seem that may not be the case.

They are both from Missouri, and both played well together at Mokan Elite EYBL. The took their unofficially together. Not a definite package but it does appear they'd "like" to play together.

CB has some SMU picks for Shake since he visited last weekend. I don't put much stock in that prediction yet.

Too much unknown to decide. There are 6 tiers of a draft. At least that is how I look at it. Lottery, mid 1st, late first, and early, mid and late 2nd round.

Each bump up a tier helps the players chance to actually make a team and stay. Staying power is huge, because once you are bumped it is very hard to get back again.

If staying a year takes him from early 2nd to late 1st, it is worth it in my mind.

Second and contrary thought is Seniors get artificially knocked because their perceived growth of potential is less. Almost an anti Senior bias in the NBA draft which seems unfair and illogical, but it exists.

Yeah, it's way too early. Without even having seen them play as a complete team we can't know how Yogi or anyone is going to look compared to other potential draft declarers. I'm not sure he'll ever be late 1st though, his size is a massive liability. Every year he shows that he isn't getting any taller. I agree with the perception of seniors, there is a difference between choosing to declare and declaring because you're out of options in the eyes of drafters. It shows a level of self-confidence too.

Lots of ifs. I just don;t see a under 6 ft point guard declaring early for the NBA because he has a chance of being a 2nd round pick. Might as well stay for another year where that second round option would stay. Yogi has only gotten better each year. I understand what you are trying to say cause someone like Watford killed his chances by coming back, but this is a different scenario all today.

Not very many ifs at all actually. If he has his degree and he's projected early 2nd might as well take it. Why come back another year and likely see your opportunity dwindle? There really isn't much of a difference in the scenarios at all except Yogi doesn't have NBA size. So if a team takes you early second I'd go for it.

That's where I'm coming from. I don't see Yogi ever being projected late 1st. So with that thinking if he gets projected early second you go for it. Again as long as he has his degree.

Not very many ifs at all actually. If he has his degree and he's projected early 2nd might as well take it. Why come back another year and likely see your opportunity dwindle? There really isn't much of a difference in the scenarios at all except Yogi doesn't have NBA size. So if a team takes you early second I'd go for it.

That's where I'm coming from. I don't see Yogi ever being projected late 1st. So with that thinking if he gets projected early second you go for it. Again as long as he has his degree.

You can rationalize it it a million ways, but I don't see it happening. He'll have no guarantee int he second round. His contract has no guarantee. If he stays another year  and the team does better, he could have a chance to move into the 1st where his contract is guaranteed no matter where he is taken in the 1st round. Just look at Napier. He could've gotten taken in the 2nd round if he would've left his junior year but that fact that he stayed and led a team so far, he got that extra push into the first round. Now I'm not saying Yogi comes back his senior year and leads us to the national championship game, but him and Shabazz are comparable. 

A lot of second round picks do not make NBA rosters. So just because he is projected to go second round all that really does is give him a chance to walk on the stage and a small chance to make a team.