Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2015) SG Shake Milton to SMU

You can rationalize it it a million ways, but I don't see it happening. He'll have no guarantee int he second round. His contract has no guarantee. If he stays another year  and the team does better, he could have a chance to move into the 1st where his contract is guaranteed no matter where he is taken in the 1st round. Just look at Napier. He could've gotten taken in the 2nd round if he would've left his junior year but that fact that he stayed and led a team so far, he got that extra push into the first round. Now I'm not saying Yogi comes back his senior year and leads us to the national championship game, but him and Shabazz are comparable. 

If Yogi doesn't come back and lead us to a national championship game then he isn't going to improve his stock as much as Napier did. Don't forget, that wasn't Napier's first national championship victory. Nor did UConn ever miss the tourney. Napier is also an inch taller.

I would love to be wrong and for Yogi to shoot up the charts. I think he's better than Napier and his stats back me up. It's all about what kind of year he has in the upcoming year. Unless he grows an inch or two though, he's going to have a lot of trouble getting out of the second round.

You'd actually rather go undrafted than get drafted in Round 2. If you get drafted in Round 2 you don't get a guaranteed contract, and you're locked into one team.

If you go undrafted you choose your team to sign with and can look for a better situation roster wise for a team to sign with. Still not a guaranteed contract, but you're more likely to make a team if you choose wisely.

That is why leaving early to go anywhere in Round 2 isn't worth it.

I may have my IU blinders on---but I could see Yogi getting to low first round-----he may be short but he is so stinkin' fast and strong that he can make up for that.  He just needs to catch one team's eye and I think he can do that.  I just hope it's after next year and not after this year!

If Yogi makes it to the NBA, which I believe he ultimately will, it will be because of his ability to lead a team on the floor and take command of a game. We saw him improve greatly in those areas this past season, and I expect big things from him these next two years. Shocking to think that Yogi hasn't played a minute of his 3 year, and it feels as though he's a weathered veteran. He's been through a lot already. His freshman year was such a great start.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

Who's the third guy? He any good at bball? Lol

Never heard of him. My guess is he's a cricket player. Just a hunch.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Can he bowl?  Shoot--sign him up too!

Is this a joke or do we really not know? I can't tell this time.

If you really don't know, it's Dainan Swoope, who for some reason no one calls "Swoope da doop". He's one of their teammates, an unranked SG. Here's his 247 page and his yahoo page. 

Is this a joke or do we really not know? I can't tell this time.

If you really don't know, it's Dainan Swoope, who for some reason no one calls "Swoope da doop". He's one of their teammates, an unranked SG. Here's his 247 page and his yahoo page.

Thanks. Wasn't a joke.

Yeah I didn't know him either. I thought I was spot on with my cricket guess.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Thanks. Wasn't a joke.

It was Hova's "just a hunch" that made me think the whole thread was a joke. 

I only know because Dainan Swoope is such a baller name that I heard it once and will never forget him. I wish he was a better player, announcers and fans would have fun with it. Granted, I've never heard anyone else tell Yogi to get after them picnic baskets, so maybe I'm the only one who would have fun with it.