Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2016) SF Brachen Hazen

As a sophomore at Columbia City, Hazen averaged close to 12 points and eight rebounds per game, but has flown under the radar in part because he missed his freshman season due to a back injury.

“It was just awesome,” Hazen told Inside the Hall of the Indiana visit. “That was my first time ever being down there. It was just really fun. We enjoyed it.”

Hazen’s younger brother, Parker, was a freshman starter at Columbia City this past season and his older sister, Gabrielle, has signed to play volleyball at Northwestern.

To this point, Hazen said Indiana is the first major school to express significant interest. Hazen said the Indiana coaching staff requested film from his high school coach, Chris Benedict, and then invited him down to tour the campus.

“What Tom Crean said a couple of times is that he liked how I have a lot of upside,” he said. “He liked my athleticism, my quickness to defend smaller post players. And he liked how I attack the rim and how I could shoot outside a little bit.”

“I like to be a leader out on the court,” Hazen said. “I like to be vocal on the defensive end. I kind of pride myself in how I talk and communicate a lot on the defensive end to make sure we get the stops necessary to win ballgames.”

Alex Bozich and whoever else contributes to ITH does a fantastic job.

Anyway, i'd like to see some video of this kid, seems to have his head on straight, but can he play ball?  And i'm impressed with Crean right now... He's getting a lot of 2016 class players visiting campus early this week.  IMO i think having a good sized group of 4 recruits checking out the campus at the same time is a good strategy.  Get these kids excited at the same time and send them back to Fishers to talk about how awesome it was with the others haha.

I'm shocked Maryland has offered, I've watched the kid play, he is D1 talent but I was thinking Mid major D1. Not Maryland or IU caliber.

I used to feel this way about every prospect I went to watch in person for the first time. I think television and highlight reels do that to us. I usually expect to get blown away by a players skill and size but end up disappointed. I remember going to the Spiece Run n Slam to watch Spiece play Mac Irvin Fire. The players on the court: Jabari Parker, Jahlil Okafor, Gavin Schilling, Jaquan Lyle, Trey Lyles, Trevon Bluiett. Out of those players, there were 2 that impressed me. Jabari Parker and Jaquan Lyle. Jaquan Lyle was the most impressive in that game. Scored at will, rebounded, defended every position well, distributed, played under control, got into the paint whenever he wanted. that game alone made me give zero f's about all the negative people had to say about him. If the other guys on that court were pros, then Lyle is definitely a pro and I bet we regret not getting him after we have to play him. Okafor and Lyles didnt even exist in that game.