Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
mdn82

NBA Draft Lottery (Cleveland at 1... Again)

[quote name="jurkinonthecourt" post="68247" timestamp="1401328466"]They're in an odd place. I think they want to move on from Nelson, but haven't found the right man to take over at point. The hype around Exum is exciting though.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.[/quote]

Exum and Vic would be a stupid backcourt for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="Hovadipo" post="68248" timestamp="1401329030"]Exum and Vic would be a stupid backcourt for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote] I'm very interesting to see who they go with for their #12 pick. Seeing a lot of Dario Saric projections. I have no knowledge of his game at all.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

[quote name="jurkinonthecourt" post="68253" timestamp="1401332904"]I'm very interesting to see who they go with for their #12 pick. Seeing a lot of Dario Saric projections. I have no knowledge of his game at all.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.[/quote]

Watched a highlight video. Kind of a Hedo Turkoglu. 6'10 with handles, but WAY better athlete than Hedo.

[quote name="Hovadipo" post="68254" timestamp="1401332996"]Watched a highlight video. Kind of a Hedo Turkoglu. 6'10 with handles, but WAY better athlete than Hedo.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote] Well that sounds very promising haha. Should be a very exciting draft night. Can't wait to see how that top 5 plays out.

Would Julius Randle at 4, then Tyler Ennis at 12 for the Magic make sense? Randle might be a bit undersized for the 4 spot in the league, but he can definitely bully his way around some guys in the league. I like a lot about Ennis's game, and of course potential

[quote name="KingPG21" post="68284" timestamp="1401396255"]Would Julius Randle at 4, then Tyler Ennis at 12 for the Magic make sense? Randle might be a bit undersized for the 4 spot in the league, but he can definitely bully his way around some guys in the league. I like a lot about Ennis's game, and of course potential[/quote] I really like the Ennis pick at 12 because he is a true PG. I don't think Randle is worth the 4, but they don't really need another combo guard. A PF would make sense for them though. I think Exum is too talented and has too much potential to pass up on at the 4 though. There are a few strong PF who could be around that 12 range though.

I really like the Ennis pick at 12 because he is a true PG. I don't think Randle is worth the 4, but they don't really need another combo guard. A PF would make sense for them though. I think Exum is too talented and has too much potential to pass up on at the 4 though. There are a few strong PF who could be around that 12 range though.

I can see that. Though all reports are that Exum is expected to be gone in the top 3, of course these are all rumors and could easily rely heavily on Cleveland or the 76ers moving their young point guards before the draft. 

Also it is worth noting that Randle has seemingly jumped back up in people's minds with his good length. Which apparently surprised a number of people, I just question how high his ceiling is, and whether he could really fit the mold of what is expected of 4's in the NBA. With the move to being able to stretch the floor more

Also, find it kind of shocking that Aaron Gordon seems to be rising up NBA draft boards according to some people. His measurements kind of sucked for a guy that has shown he doesn't have a good jump shot at all right now. 

[quote name="KingPG21" post="68284" timestamp="1401396255"]Would Julius Randle at 4, then Tyler Ennis at 12 for the Magic make sense? Randle might be a bit undersized for the 4 spot in the league, but he can definitely bully his way around some guys in the league. I like a lot about Ennis's game, and of course potential[/quote]

I would take Shabazz, but no one is taking him at 12. Trade back maybe? If not, Ennis would be more than OK. And I'd also take Noah at 4 over Randle. The Magic frontcourt isn't terrible, but Noah would still get plenty of PT while learning to play.

I don't understand the Randle hype. Great college basketball player. He's sort of a tweener. If what you say about Exum going top 3 is true, that leaves, presumably, Wiggins or Parker to the Magic. Interesting scenario. I don't know how I feel about those two as long term building blocks. Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

I don't know that all reports are saying that about Exum. Most things I've seen have the top 3 pretty much down to Embiid, Parker and Wiggins, usually in that order.

I can see that. Though all reports are that Exum is expected to be gone in the top 3, of course these are all rumors and could easily rely heavily on Cleveland or the 76ers moving their young point guards before the draft. 

Also it is worth noting that Randle has seemingly jumped back up in people's minds with his good length. Which apparently surprised a number of people, I just question how high his ceiling is, and whether he could really fit the mold of what is expected of 4's in the NBA. With the move to being able to stretch the floor more

I don't know that all reports are saying that about Exum. Most things I've seen have the top 3 pretty much down to Embiid, Parker and Wiggins, usually in that order.

In terms of talent yeah that is what I've read. But Embiid obviously has the big health concerns with his back and how bad it actually is. Then you add in the potential that Exum could be special

Plus there are the reports that neither Cleveland or Irving are happy with their current situation. I do find it a bit odd that of the top 3 picking teams the Bucks are the only ones seemingly that don't have reports about them considering Exum. From an outside perspective they are the one in the worst position in terms of current point guards currently on their roster.

Wiggins has to be the top pick now right? He makes so much sense for the Cavs, a small forward (Deng most likely isn't resigning there), huge ceiling, and second best perimeter defender behind Marcus Smart. Embiid has way too many red flags

[quote name="KingPG21" post="71014" timestamp="1403280138"]Wiggins has to be the top pick now right? He makes so much sense for the Cavs, a small forward (Deng most likely isn't resigning there), huge ceiling, and second best perimeter defender behind Marcus Smart. Embiid has way too many red flags[/quote]

Your 2nd sentence just blows up your entire point. "Makes so much sense for the Cavs" is exactly why he doesn't lol.

This draft is a lot different than the last 3x times that Cleveland has had the top pick. LeBron and Kyrie were no-brainers. No other option at 1 overall in either draft, even in 2003 with guys like Wade, Bosh and Melo on the board. Then last year, with a very weak draft and no clear-cut #1 overall picks they really shot themselves in the foot. 

There, again, isn't a consensus top draft pick this season but the difference is that the Cavs have some really good players to choose from. Wiggins, Parker and Embiid will be great players (as long as they stay healthy) and it seems like they can't really make the wrong choice. 

But since it's the Cavs, I won't rule anything out. Wouldn't even be shocked to see them pick Doug McDermott or something crazy. 

EDIT: Obviously I would be shocked by that... it was meant as sarcasm

I think the Cavs will make a safe #1 pick this year after hearing who they hired as their coach. Only 1 mind-numbingly stupid move per offseason.